garmin 56

ray mitchell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to the world of dash cams so decided to go for the garmin 56 after reading good reports about it only had it less than a fortnight and everything was great till this evening went out stopped at the shops turned itself off as normal but when i got back into the car wouldn't start up power light was on so there was defiantly juice going to it so disconnected it and the power light stayed on the camera and could not get response from any of the control buttons on the side so it looks like i'll have to take it back to the place of purchase

since me writing the first post the power light has now gone out

How do you power it ?

First thing to try is to take the card out and turn it on (use factory supplied power adapter)
If it starts up, try with the card. If it keeps freezing, use different (better) card.

tried all those with no result less than 2 weeks old will be taking it back for it to be exchanged

Weird issues like this are usually caused by SD card or cable/adapter. If you tried a high quality SD card with the supplied cable/adapter and it still doesn't work, return it.

Weird issues like this are usually caused by SD card or cable/adapter. If you tried a high quality SD card with the supplied cable/adapter and it still doesn't work, return it.
power lead was the garmin one that came with the outfit card was a brand new sandisk 32 meg they're replacing it for me tomorrow ,the other thing the power light stayed on even when removed from the power supply and only went out after the internal battery had run down

Back