Garmin Cameras + External Batteries Question

ms_uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post here. My setup is 2x Garmin Dashcam Mini + Cellink Neo 6 Battery hardwired to the car battery.

I just installed this all yesterday and it's working fine but I've realised I need the Garmin Parking Mode cables to use the parking mode feature.

Now as I understand it those cables are designed to be hardwired directly to the cars battery, but I'm looking for a solution to use this with the external battery I have (Cellink Neo 6) so I can have the cameras hooked up to it but still use the parking mode.

Does anyone have any ideas? I think it should be applicable to any Garmin camera not just the mini which I have.

Cheers

M

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
if you have the cellink Neo you need the three wire output cable and you can connect to any three wire hardwire kit and it will behave the same was as it would wired to the vehicle

OP
M

ms_uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Do you know in that case how I could connect it to both cameras at once?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
if you have two cameras and two hardwire kits they would both wire to the same three wire output on the Cellink Neo, no different to connecting two hardwire kits with fuse taps to the same circuits on your fuse panel

OP
M

ms_uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks again for the quick reply.

Sorry if this is an obvious one. Once I have the 3 wire output cable how do I actually connect that to the parking mode cable?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks again for the quick reply.

Sorry if this is an obvious one. Once I have the 3 wire output cable how do I actually connect that to the parking mode cable?
solder and heatshrink would be the preferred option to splice the cables together

OP
M

ms_uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right I am with you. I was hoping it would have been simpler haha as I am no expert but I guess I will just have to bite the bullet.

Thanks very much for the help, much appreciated.