Garmin Dash Cam Mini vs Nextbase 222?

BraXzy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to help my girlfriend choose a midrange Dash Cam to buy from the current line up - as the title says Garmin Mini and the Nextbase 222.

They both seem to have somewhat similar quality and price and is the limit for her budget. Does anyone with knowledge of either have a preference or advice? Or perhaps an alternative. Thanks!

Apparently the mini has issues with freezing, I'd steer clear of it, with the nextbase 222 its the (as far as im aware) best rated nextbase cam and has the least freezing issues, I'd go for it.

I can't comment on either camera, but the price difference for the Garmin 56 is very little & you have a screen to adjust settings easily & the camera has more resolution. I have four of the Garmin 56 cameras, one for each side of the car.

The Garmin size and form factor it's actually quite good. Records 1080p at 30fps. Syncs flawlessly with the phone app less than 10 seconds. Doesn't come with suction mount(boxes with 2 sticky mount) though OR polarized lens cover. Overheating occurs after parking mode ( I don't use parking mode) It does still get hot during use but never experienced a malfunction yet. I've not updated the firmware for 12 months, so touch wood, it doesn't fry itself.

Bought two Garmin mini's to replace 2 Roav S1 dashcams. Both died shortly after outside of Amazon warranty period due to battery expansion. £120 wasted there, thanks Jeff .

I also have an older model Nextbase 522GW. Also worked flawlessly, Replaced the internal battery not long ago after 3 years use. Picture comparison between this and the Garmin mini, the Nextbase 522GW is ALOT sharper at 1440p 30ps BUT the Garmin definitely edges the Nextbase on low light performance.

I would happily both again. (But I purchased the two Garmin mini dashcams in the John Lewis sale XD) The size of the Garmin mini won me over and it works fine for me

Back