Garmin Dash Cam Player software V1.5 problem with Mac

Lexa330

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Last week i bought a Garmin Dash Cam 20.
The Garmin Dash Cam Player software V1.5 does not seem to work all correct.
- the date of the files is incorrect, all showing 01-01-1970
- there is no expanded data view possible
- there is no data view with heading and g-forces
- there is no pinpoint position indication on the map view

Are there more of you who experience these problems with Dash cam 20 and Player software?

Is there any other software to be used for Dash Cam 20?

Do I do something wrong?

PS Garmin Netherlands told me there were no former complaints like this about the software.

today i had the windows software installed on my neighbours computer and all works well. so the problem is mac software related.

any mac users who have no problems or suggestions? please leave a message after viewing this topic,

regards

Am I really the only one on earth who has a Garmin dash Cam 20 and mac computer??

After 33 viewers and......... 0 replies..... i think we should change the name of this forum into.........Dashcamreadonly.com

not sure there are too many users of your model, maybe even less so that are Mac users, Registrator Viewer and Dashcam Viewer (links to both in my signature) both have Mac versions of their playback software, if they work for your model though I have no idea, you'd need to just test and try, both devs would likely look at it for you if it doesn't and you have some test files for them

Thanks for your reply!!! i will have a look at both of them!!

regards Lex

In the meantime i sent a few Garmin Dash Cam files to Garmin Helpdesk. they are willing to have a look on their computers what the result is.
i keep you posted!!

I have had contact with Garmin Nederland and after 8 emails and many phonecalls to explain every new helpdesk employee what the problem is, after sending screenshots of my dash cam files on a mac and a windows computer, after sending my avi files.......

they let me know that they have passed it on to garmin USA and it will take a while to sort the problem over there.....

I think i get a huge reward from Garmin for i have discovered as the first human being in the world the problem with their device not working on the most popular computer brand in the world.....Mac.
Even the american home company Garmin who probably use Mac.......didnot ever discover the problem.

I hope i can let you all know this year what the result of their investigation of this enormous diffcult problem (ahum) will be

I to, am having trouble getting a dash cam 20 to work with a Mac. The mac is fairly new, running Yosemite os, and the dash cam 20 is less than 8 months old. It keeps telling me that it does not support that video system. My local computer whiz-kid has suggested various fixes, and various downloads, but nothing has worked as yet. I'll keep you posted.

Back