Garmin Dual (Front and Rear) Cam Setup

CliveR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for my first Dash Cam setup. The Garmin 67W is on my shortlist.
Does anyone have experience of using Garmin in a dual/multi cam setup?
I want a front and rear setup. UK based.
Other cams on my shortlist are:
  1. Street Guardian
  2. Viofo A219 Pro Duo
  3. Nextbase 522GW
  4. Thinkware U1000 or F800
Just wondering how the garmins perform in multi cam setups.

You could use DC67W in the front and Mini 2 in the rear. The magic happens in the app:
Thanks lacibaci, I understand what it does. Just wondering if anyone has experience of how well it performs.

I have two model 56's as front and rear. Each has its own power cord wired to the same vehicle electrical panel position.

I have two model 56's as front and rear. Each has its own power cord wired to the same vehicle electrical panel position.
Thanks Gary E. How does it perform? Is it easy to configure? I assume all interaction (especially with the rear cam) is via wifi on your mobile phone?

Thanks Gary E. How does it perform? Is it easy to configure? I assume all interaction (especially with the rear cam) is via wifi on your mobile phone?
Since I'm old school, and use a simple flip phone, I do not use mobile wifi. The setups works fine. Other than the connection to the vehicle for power, they basically operate independently. Both respond together from voice prompts from me.

Yeah I did have an issue where when saving the clips via the app that between both videos the sync was slightly out but that has solved itself with no intervention from me. Both are hardwired with the parking guard kit. No issues with them both. Hardest bit was routing the cable for the rear camera.

I have the exact set up. Both link up via the app. If you hit save on the front cam the rear one flashes as it saves.
Almost come to a decision on these..
One more question if I may. How do you have them hardwired?
I'm thinking of using the Garmin ODBII constant power cable which has 2 USB power ports.
Will it power 2 cams or should I go for wiring each one to the fuse box?

I'm thinking of using the Garmin ODBII constant power cable which has 2 USB power ports.
I like parking mode cable but that's an additional cost ($30 per camera)

x7/Mini2 series doesn't require the special cable for parking use, but the x6/Mini and older series do. They can be used on the newer cams anyways. I don't know the power draw of these cams but I had a 57 and a Mini2 running from a good quality 2.2A ciggie plug adapter and never had any problems.

Phil

I have mine both powered with separate parking cables these are hard wired.

I personally would prefer powering them separately. I don't like snaking the wire from the front all the way to the back.

I have mine both powered with separate parking cables that are hard wired. The back cam parking cable goes to the front fuse panel where the the front cam was connected. The parking cable was long enough. It was no issue to install.

I have the exact set up. Both link up via the app. If you hit save on the front cam the rear one flashes as it saves.
Sorry to restart an old topic:
Does the app (or your phone) have to be active to synchronize this save action? Or do the camera's communicate directly with each-other?
After half a day of searching I still cannot find a complete document describing Garmin's Dash Cam Auto Sync functionality.

And to other owners of Garmin front- and rear cameras: How far can these camera's be placed apart? I would like to be able to place the rear camera behind the rear screen of our caravan, which is about 10 meters behind the front camera. Would that work with the Auto Sync?

Back