Garmin GDR35

I would like to purchase this mount.
images.aspx
http://www.iiyo.net/cproductdetail.aspx?sku=1190010
I found where I can buy a low profile Garmin mount that is very similar on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00BLSBYPKIt looks like this ...
314pPTvIPvL.jpg

Last edited:
This is G-sensor indicator. It is shown when G-sensor is turned on, that means unit can react on impacts/collisions. If you set G-sensor sensitivity to Off, this symbol disappears from the screen.

Thank you! I thought I ran through all the settings and turned them off, then on. Must have zoned-out as well, I have had the sensor on the whole time that I have had it.

Does anyone tried to use the cam with a 64gb msd? I'd like to know before I go and buy one unnecessarily.

Hello I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a Gdr35d from China. I'm having trouble with the PC Tools software. My windows 7 laptop does not see the sd card and the software doesn't either. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm prompted with "select a directory" in the video viewer window. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: It turns out my card reader was defective! Everything's working fine now. I am pleased with the gdr35d's performance so far. The dual cam video quality is great for the price.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I've the GDR35D installed in my BMW and I'm verry happy with it.
The window- sucker is not the best methode to mount the cam; I've found another mount: click
And the problem with the ugly USB plugs... I found a short USB- extension with an angled plug.

But now I'm interested in activateing the "SafetyCameraAlert" function.
There is not much information in the net...
What I found out: you need a file called "safetycam.dat" with the speedcam GPS locations but I don't know where to get this file for germany.
Maybe there is an tool for converting .poi to safetycam.dat?

Please help :(

Hi guys, sorry for reviving an old thread, but can anybody recommend a reliable online store to buy this from? Amazon only seems to have the single camera model (and the dual-cam one has no reviews). This being a pricier option, would like to find a reliable seller for it (AliExpress has it, but no orders or feedback either). Looking for a good dual-channel dashcam and this one looks the best from all listed on this site.

- Are the GPS logs accessible as separate files, or "hidden" within the video footage? If accessible, which filename/format?
LOGS ARE INSIDE AVI FILE. FORMAT IS CLOSED, BUT JAPANESE FRIENDS DECOMPILED AND PROVIDED FULL FORMAT SPECIFICATION. YOU CAN DEVELOP YOUR OWN CONVERTER.
kohada.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/car/1361680166/

I have been over the link but failed at finding the Full Format Spec for the avi file. Anyone wants to make 100$, send me an message explaning/showing code that can extract the gps log from file

I have been over the link but failed at finding the Full Format Spec for the avi file. Anyone wants to make 100$, send me an message explaning/showing code that can extract the gps log from file

for $100 you could buy a camera that outputs the GPS data to an easily readable text file

Reactions: Mtz
hello All again, it has been a while. I have used the GDR35D with lots of pleasure, but have now run into first problems. I have had it now for almost 2,5 years. View from the rear camera shows distorted colors. Yet, in the morning, after a full night of rest, or full cool-down, it starts with the normal picture/colors. No such problem with the front view camera.
Also today, the system would not start up, but kept flickering and restarting, as if it does not get through the booting sequence. I disconnected it fully from the power cord (cigarette lighter), as well as unplugged the rear view cable and it started properly...
I just updated the software from the 2.90 version to the most recent of 4.0. See if that helps...
Has anyone experienced either of these problems? Rear camera is not cheap to replace...
Thanks in advance!

Back