G'Day! Mini 0801 Parking mode function

OzJim

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Greetings DCT, This is my first post requiring some help.
I have a dash cam setup for my personal vehicle of a total of 4 cams, 1 front, 1 rear, 1 each side of vehicle.
I have recently acquired a mini 0801 dash cam which i wanted to use for parking mode time lapse feature as my current front cam does not have the parking mode function, so i decided i wanted to run dual front cams, 1 for drives and 1 for parking.
I have discovered that even though the parking mode settings are available, they need a hard wire kit to take advantage of it (from reading other forum posts).

With my current setup I have had all my 4 cams wired directly to USB ports to draw power from my 2x 20,000mah power bank which is handy for parking at locations for extended periods.
I want to keep the same power connection by using USB power to the mini 0801 but for the parking time lapse mode mainly (only).

Is there any way to somehow wire a hardwire kit or trick it into parking mode without physically wiring it to the car's electrical system, but power bank power instead?

Appreciate any help and solutions, apologies if my post is not detailed enough, confusing or too long! newbie

Cheers, OzJim

Last edited:
the 0801 doesn't support 3 wire hardwire kit, is it an 0906 maybe?

It's definitely the early model 0801, it is the rounder housing and the highest resolution is 1280x1080p.
No way to activate parking mode even with a 2 wire hardwire kit?
I would think it would be possibly because the parking mode options are in the settings menu.

there's no 3 wire parking option for the 0801, will just be a software based solution they were using

The next model 0801s has parking mode available, can it be wired to usb power and enter parking mode somehow?

Cheers

yes there is, I have the mini 0801 and in the menu is the option for parking mode either timelapse or gsensor from hardwiring it to the fusebox (3 wires, which i've done) and have been using it for over a year

i figure something here is missing tho, looking at your post count i'd assume you definitely know a lot about most cams, but i know for a fact that i am using the mini 0801 and it has this feature o_O

Yes, weird to have the options in the software but not actually be able to use it. Finally some good news.

Can I ask where you purchased the hardwire kit, or will any generic 3 wire kit work?
Do you know how the hard wire kit works and how the dash cam gets activated into parking mode? (black= ground, red=live and yellow accessory)
I want to be able to rewire the 3 wires to a USB powerbank port to only have it record in parking mode

Yes, weird to have the options in the software but not actually be able to use it. Finally some good news.

Can I ask where you purchased the hardwire kit, or will any generic 3 wire kit work?
Do you know how the hard wire kit works and how the dash cam gets activated into parking mode? (black= ground, red=live and yellow accessory)
I want to be able to rewire the 3 wires to a USB powerbank port to only have it record in parking mode

read my edited post, sorry buddy!

my 3-wire hard-wire kit came with the purchase of the camera from ebay, i couldn't tell you what goes where as it took me about 4 hours of trial and error with a multi tester to finally get it working, but it appears you have the MINI0801 and i have the MINI0801S

read my edited post, sorry buddy!

my 3-wire hard-wire kit came with the purchase of the camera from ebay, i couldn't tell you what goes where as it took me about 4 hours of trial and error with a multi tester to finally get it working, but it appears you have the MINI0801 and i have the MINI0801S
Uh yes, the 0801s is advertised with parking mode feature. All good. Cheers

Back