Gearbest G90 problem

Senjaya

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I have just received the unit from gearbest.
But the camera didn't work as it supposed to.

The camera will work for 30seconds and the shows black/broken screen. And I have to push the reset button and it will work for another 30seconds and show black/broken screen again.

Is there anything to fix it? Is it software issue or hardware?

That's a hardware issue unfortunately and looks DOA - time for @GearBest to send you a replacement :)

That's a hardware issue unfortunately and looks DOA - time for @GearBest to send you a replacement :)

My unit won't turn on anymore. No matter what button I press and I have plug in the power cable. The light turns on but the unit don't.

I really disappointed

What is the power source? Try using your computer's USB power ( and w/o the memory card inserted).

Uh oh! Sad to know you got a bad unit bro, hope gearbest will send a replacement... Please give update on the status.

I just just ordered G90C from gearbest and expect to receive it hopefully with in next week, i will share the status of the unit once delivered.. Hope its a good one.

Uh oh! Sad to know you got a bad unit bro, hope gearbest will send a replacement... Please give update on the status.

I just just ordered G90C from gearbest and expect to receive it hopefully with in next week, i will share the status of the unit once delivered.. Hope its a good one.
Yeah I've submitted ticket to gearbest. Haven't got their reply though. Will share the status once they reply.

Yeah I've submitted ticket to gearbest. Haven't got their reply though. Will share the status once they reply.
They are all in vacation for Chinese New Year.
You won't get reply until 27th or so.

They are all in vacation for Chinese New Year.
You won't get reply until 27th or so.

From their email it says:

NOTE:Due to the Chinese Lunar New Year Festival, Gearbest is scheduled for a seven day national holiday from Feb 17th to Feb 23rd (inclusive).

During this holiday period, there may be a delay in responding to your queries and support tickets. Normal service will resume on Feb 24th. Thank you for your kind patience and continued support.

During the period immediately following the holiday, our entire Customer Service department will be experiencing a significant backlog with extremely high volumes of emails and support tickets.

It means they have start working from today. No reason to wait until 27

I ordered from them at the wrong time when everyone was on vacation for the Chinese New Year, but one- Hetty took time out to reply to my queries... Kudos to Hetty for a job well done on customer relations.

I bought 3 of them from GearBest and, until now, they work without problem.
The camera will work for 30seconds and the shows black.
Did it properly work (before this problem occurred), or it was like that from the beginning ?

In the first picture, the card wasn't inserted, no ?
sCHeUG93nEtbYzux

Also, what is this icon ?
EoMpry9Xc7axZuyR

It
I bought 3 of them from GearBest and, until now, they work without problem.

Did it properly work (before this problem occurred), or it was like that from the beginning ?

In the first picture, the card wasn't inserted, no ?
sCHeUG93nEtbYzux

Also, what is this icon ?
EoMpry9Xc7axZuyR

It was like this from beginning. I can manage to change the video type to hdr. Icon on bottom is HDR if I'm not mistaken. But I haven't insert memory card. The crash is happening +/- 30seconds after I turn on the cam.
And the worst part now the camera didn't work totally. I cannot turn on the camera.

I forgot about HDR.
I cannot turn on the camera.
what about the lights blue/red ; are they on when you plug the dashcam in a power source ? (USB, car charger, etc.)
Have you tested plugging the USB cable directly in the dashcam ? (not using the mount ; the mount doesn't have data connection, but only GND and V+)

I forgot about HDR.

what about the lights blue/red ; are they on when you plug the dashcam in a power source ? (USB, car charger, etc.)
Have you tested plugging the USB cable directly in the dashcam ? (not using the mount ; the mount doesn't have data connection, but only GND and V+)

Yes I have tried directly Into Camera.
No red light. Only blue light when I plug in the cable. From what I know when the camera turn on the red light turn on too.

So.. Until now. I only receive this reply from gearbest.

They give me 3 options.
1. You can have the item repaired at a local shop , for which we can reimburse 20 USD to you as compensation.
2. The item(s) can be sent back to us and exchanged for a brand new equivalent product. Send us the freight you assume, again, we send to you have we bear the freight (We are in Shenzhen China )
3. For a refund, please send the item(s) back to us, and we will refund you ,however we are unable to refund the shipping cost.

I have replied them and no answer back to me.

I am really disappointed with their customers service. Since on email they said they are back to business on February 24, and today is February 25.

There's is no reason of holidays or Chinese new year thing. They can give me option to choose but no info since then.

There's is no reason of holidays or Chinese new year thing. They can give me option to choose but no info since then.

lucky you're the only one that sent an email over the break and they have nobody else to reply to ;)

Not making excuses for them but give them a chance to catch up, it does take time

lucky you're the only one that sent an email over the break and they have nobody else to reply to ;)

Not making excuses for them but give them a chance to catch up, it does take time
Yeah I finally place a new order. Since I hate to wait. Hope the refund process goes smoothly

Last edited:
Off topic a bit but how did you mount your G90 to the black dotted area in the photo?

Off topic a bit but how did you mount your G90 to the black dotted area in the photo?
Thx first unit (broken) I apply some transparent stiker on the dotted area. And I mount the camera with no issues.

But the 2nd one. I bought. It won't work on the sticker thing. I mount it directly on the dotted area without sticker and it work like charm.

Back