Gearbest Review Car DVR: MIYUOG F9 Rear-View Mirror DashCam

dc2k

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love the quality and price point of my G1WH but if you are worry about removing it to avoid getting it stolen from your car, a full replacement mirror dashcam is a great alternative. I tried the F9 MIYUOG Car DVR (see full specs below) supplied by Gearbest () and these are my initial feedback on this product.

The product is quite nicely packaged and in addition to the mirror you get a USB cable, a car power adapter, a cleaning cloth and an instruction book (in Chinese only). The device itself has six buttons acrross the bottom which makes it easy to use. The camera lense on the other side of the mirror can be slightly adjusted to get it positioned in the right direction. The F9 supports MicroSD up to 32GB and the construction feels sturdy.

The mirror has a 2.7" built in screen that can be automatically turned off with the screensaver function and the menu are clearly exposed and easy to navigate and available in quite a few languages (see specs below). From a pure rear view mirror perspective, beside the fact that i'm loosing the auto-dim function of my mirror, i found the F9 reflective portion of the mirror to be darker than my original mirror.

I've included a sample video clip below. The color quality is decent at FullHD but the video appears "mushy" because it uses the older Novatek NT96220 processor, not the NT96650 like the GW1. It records @ 25 fps in upscaled 1080p .AVI format instead of the .MOV @ 30 fps format the 96650 is capable of. The file produced are in H264 format but in .AVI format.It also records the audio and the sound quality is loud and clear.

In summary, the MIYUOG F9 Rear-View Mirror DashCam is doing everything i need and it's quite easy to make everything out during day or night filming but it's just maybe a little bit grainy. This dashcam does a really decent job at this price point but the older Novatek NT96220 processor can be a show stopper for some.

1DashCam MIYUOG Car DVR - F9.jpg 3DashCam MIYUOG Car DVR - F9.jpg

Video Clip: http://youtu.be/x_-P581QSxY

F9 Dashcam Specs:

1.Processor: Novatek NT96220
2.Screen: 2.7 TFT-LCD (4:3)/4.3 HD TFT-LCD
3.Color: black ,screen-colored
4.Lens: 2.0 mega-pixel COMS FHD A+162 degrees of ultra wide Angle
5.Recording video formats: M-JPEG
6.Video Format:PAL/NTSC
7.Video resolution: FHD(1920*1080P) 1080P(1440*1080P) 720P(1280*720P) WVGA(848*480P) VGA(640*480P)
8.Image formats: Exif 2.2(JPEG)
9.Extension storage: TF card/MicroSD
10.The maximunm extension: 32G
11.Microphone/Speaker supported
12.Language:Chinese/English/French/Russian/Japanese/German/Italian/Spanish
13.Size: 308mm*83 mm*28 mm

your review sounds great, and you had me all excited, thinking there was an affordable full-replacement mirror that did 1080p with a decent chipset and sensor... then i saw the pic of the back of the mirror. this is NOT a full replacement. it's a clip-on or strap-on type mirror. no thanks.

your review sounds great, and you had me all excited, thinking there was an affordable full-replacement mirror that did 1080p with a decent chipset and sensor... then i saw the pic of the back of the mirror. this is NOT a full replacement. it's a clip-on or strap-on type mirror. no thanks.

it's not the decent chipset anyway, only does 720p, the 1080p is upscaled

Back