Gearbest

DwayneMps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are gearbest a verified reseller? Bought a sj5000x elite but its not shipped yet

Me and my 3 friends had problem with gearbest.They do the same. They say that they packaged your item and give a tracking number which you cant track . We all opened dispute to paypal and took our money back. In the past i purchased some things from gearbest but its like a gamble. you never know whether they will send your package or not.Banggood never let me down. Will continue with banggood.

Me and my 3 friends had problem with gearbest.They do the same. They say that they packaged your item and give a tracking number which you cant track . We all opened dispute to paypal and took our money back. In the past i purchased some things from gearbest but its like a gamble. you never know whether they will send your package or not.Banggood never let me down. Will continue with banggood.

Have had first hand experience with Banggood selling products they don't have in stock, I don't think they're any better

I am just sharing my personel experience with two. I can send you a screenshot of the products that i had purchased. I had almost over 30 transactions without any problem.

I am just sharing my personel experience with two. I can send you a screenshot of the products that i had purchased. I had almost over 30 transactions without any problem.

I don't doubt you at all, I'm sure they have many customers that have never had any problems, I know I'm not the only one to have experienced otherwise with them though

The parcel service they use, and tracking numbers, are kind of what you expect for the discounts you get.
So far, everything I have bought from GB has arrived, eventually.
I guess if you want fancier customer service and a smoother purchase process, you'll need to spend a few more $$? You can't confuse them with Amazon. :)

I have bought my first and second items from Gearbest and they will be my last. I ordered ( and paid for) a A118C on Nov.04 Although they indicate it was shipped on the 6th, it didn't leave until the 11th. Thai post now shows it is in country, although I still have not recieved it I ecpect it today or tomorrow. For a registered item to take 28 days to go from China to Thailand is a bit much when I have received regular post items ( non tracking number) by Ebay from China in 2 weeks or less. I suppose that if an item has to go between China and Thailand via Sweden that would account for it.
I ordered a second item (not dashcam related) on Nov.15 5 days later it was still showing "processing" so I contacted them. Received a fairly quick response that the item was now out of stock ( was in stock when I paid for it). They gave me 3 options:

Regarding item(s), we expect to receive the goods in 7 to 15 days.We have 3 options to offer:

1. We kindly ask you to wait. Once we received the stock from the vendor,we will ship your package immediately.

2. Change the item,please browse our website to find a similar item and send us the link(url) of the item you would like instead by replying to this message.

3. Cancel the item and we will refund you on your wallet for future purchase.

You will notice that there is no option for a full refund.

My advice....... avoid Gearbest.

None of the sites are perfect. Sure there will be people who will have problem with any site. I also inspect peoples comments written under the products to have an overview of the site. And try to choose the site with less problems.

CDN, does ordering anything from outside Thailand, for delivery in Thailand, work from any site? Just curious. Heard some stories. Was wondering how Lazada is?

CDN, does ordering anything from outside Thailand, for delivery in Thailand, work from any site? Just curious. Heard some stories. Was wondering how Lazada is?

I'm a fairly big user of Ebay and so far any vendor that lists Thailand as a shipping location has not been a problem. Until recently Amazon (USA) would only ship certain items to Thailand ( books, etc) however a friend of mine says that has changed now and you can get most items ( with shipping charges of course), he also said a friend of his uses Lazada regularly and it is trouble free.

The internal post system in Thailand is very good and cheap. I can have something delivered the next day from Bangkok for about $3

I bought alot of items from Aliexpress, seem no problem so far.

Last edited:
I've bought from both GB and BG and all items have arrived, although GB's packing and shipping speed has left much to be desired. Still GB prices are hard to beat and all of my items from cheap $0.50 toys to $80 RC buggy and $120 flashlight have arrived intact and working. I have noticed that a priority mail shipping option to the US has become available latelt for quite a low cost, which appears to offer a much faster shipping speed.

KuoH

I bought from Aliexpress, seem no problem so far.
I also shop from Aliexpress from time to time but i and some of my friends also had problem with some sellers at Aliexpress. One sold fake mi powerbank to my friend. And one seller did not send the mi powerbank that i had bought. The thing is you have to be carefull when choosing the seller in Aliexpress. There are a lot of scam sellers and fake products. Shopping from Aliexpress is like swimming in a pool with sharks. You have to swim carefully :))

You want great customer service, you buy local and don't whine about paying more.
You want the cheapest in the market and still want the best customer service, tracking etc... dream on.

There are issues with China sellers as a whole when it comes to shipping, tracking and arrival time.
Sometimes it's timing. Sellers have certain amount on the way from manufacturers and not all wait to have them in hand and take orders.
It's a cycle and business depends upon it and sometimes it may get few days behind.
If you don't have patience and want something quick, again look local.

Look around online consumer reports and every single Chinese store will have complaints.

You want great customer service, you buy local and don't whine about paying more.
For those of you living in the US with the vast selection you have I couldn't agree more.......however for many of us that is not an option.

For those of you living in the US with the vast selection you have I couldn't agree more.......however for many of us that is not an option.

We'll be opening up a shop in China but it will ONLY ship to Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, and Malaysia to begin with.

have looked at doing the same, just haven't had time to deal with it

Not as hard as I thought it would be - it's more just to see if the demand is there.

Not as hard as I thought it would be - it's more just to see if the demand is there.

we're setup for it already, accounts on the different trading platforms etc, need more staff to be able to deal with it, busy enough with what we're doing now

Sunny is right- none of the Chinese 'mega-stores' is as sure a bet as many other options. If you want the cheapest price, they offer that- but the savings has to come from somewhere. I've bought from most of them and will continue to do that but I understand the gamble I'm taking.

You may find better tracking through here: https://www.17track.net/en/
I haven't used it but friends on another forum say it works well, the link is the latest 'beta' version as the old system needed an upgrade.

Phil

Back