Geko Xpedition X100 Wifi GPS 1080p Smart Dashcam

BCHobbyist

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A139 3Camera A129Duo-8WL A129Pro-4K A119V3 A119S-6Vk DCTeam
The Geko Gear website (tiny division of PAPAGO) released a new product for late 2016 in North America the Geko Xpedition X100 Dashcam. The same dashcam under different names and model numbers appeared in China & UK summer of 2016.
With no reviews or video footage but sale priced I purchased one for review and was surprised by the tiny size, video quality and features all under $160 CA. It's not for everyone but makes a great set-it-and-forget-it type dashcam accessible from your smartphone.
I posted my full review here:

Specifications:
> 2-megapixel 1/27 “industrial CMOS sensor
> 1080p Full HD video processor (30 fps)
> 125-155 ° wide Angle wide-angle lens (depending on region) @ F1.8 (6 groups of multi-coated lenses, including two sets of non-spherical lens)
> RAW Video format AVI (Smartphone App converts to MP4)
> 8 Mbps recorded bit rate
> Built-in GPS
> Gravity sensing (G-Sensor)
> 180mA polymer physical battery (~20mins)
> Wireless Bluetooth 12 second video snapshot remote
> Microphone
> Upload and share local videos and photos from GEKO App
> Data & power via microUSB interface
> “Click” easy loading and unloading bracket
> Memory card slot (MicroSD card, max support 32GB)
> Time & date watermark
> 32 mm cube structure
> Power: DC 5V1A
> Operating temperature -20 °c- 70 °c
> Body weight 36g

In my review I covered PROs & CONs but like to point out the raw AVI files saved to microSD card are viewable with VLC and other 3rd party viewers but not importable into any major video editor programs so conversion to MP4 or MOV required. For most this means relying on the Smartphone App to download then convert every 3 min clip (170MB) then upload to a computer. Current Geko App 2.1.1 & firmware 1.1.0 have a few bugs but soon to be updated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P PAPAGO 5
BCHobbyist PAPAGO 6
B PAPAGO 6
Back