General Dashcam Questions

No it needs to be wired to power, accessories and earth just like a power magic pro

I really, really loved the parking mode implementation on Lukas cameras. I just could not look past the sub-park image quality (after seeing what even cheaper cameras like the mini 080X can produce) and clunky form factor.

As a camera they're as limited as other Korean dual channel models in regard to image quality and low bitrate results, they do however have a very good parking mode, good power control and a good app, for parking mode they would certainly be one of the best options at the moment

Yeah, the low bit rate parking mode is not my personal preference in the event that you experience an incident that requires a high level of detail via the higher bit rate. This is why I prefer my power banks for full time parking mode even though it is more of a hassle. In any event, this seems like a good solution for many.

I know my previous Lukas cameras had this built-in, too. but that still required the wiring to ground / ignition / battery just like a battery discharge prevention device.

does the F770 do all that with regular plug-in 12V power supply or does it require the same 3-wire setup?

Mine should be here Monday, I will be using the plug in at first so we will see. I am also going to order two little G1W-Hs (they are so little and cheap why not), so when I get those I will get it all wired in.

Mine should be here Monday, I will be using the plug in at first so we will see. I am also going to order two little G1W-Hs (they are so little and cheap why not), so when I get those I will get it all wired in.
Nice :)

As a camera they're as limited as other Korean dual channel models in regard to image quality and low bitrate results, they do however have a very good parking mode, good power control and a good app, for parking mode they would certainly be one of the best options at the moment

So Joikiin, what's happening with your forthcoming dual channel camera?
Will it be focused on video quality, or parking mode quality?

So Joikiin, what's happening with your forthcoming dual channel camera?
Will it be focused on video quality, or parking mode quality?

chasing video quality as a primary concern, parking mode is not the priority but we will see what can be done

chasing video quality as a primary concern, parking mode is not the priority but we will see what can be done
I'm lucky that we rarely park in direct sunlight for long periods.
In fact, we rarely park for long periods at all, except at home & work, where it is garaged & carported anyway.

Last edited:
2 of my secondary cams are G1W-HC, the capacitor-powered version of the G1W-H, which is better suited to hot climates. Both are still working well after 7 months though one's recording LED doesn't flash in the proper sequence but it still works so you know the cam is functional. I use 64GB cards in mine. Under $40 each from GearBest if you care to do business there. Never tried parking modes with mine, I just run them while driving and sometimes when I'm parked in a bad neighborhood at work. I feel these are one of the best economy cams being sold today, and they are the cheapest capacitor-powered cam I'd recommend ;)

Phil

I parked in a way yesterday, where i just had to turn on the M2 in my car while i was gone.

I parked so close to a idiot at my mothers place he had to go the other way around his car to get in it, or better yet enter the car from the passenger side door.

You might ask why did you do that KK ?

Well the idiot parked almost at a 45 degree angle in the parking lot and right next to another car, but the gap was big enough that i could get my car in there and have room for me to get out of my car.

But he would have severe problems due to his skewed parking style, so i turn on M2 on its battery and put it on dashbord aimed at his car, and then i took a photo of his plates with my phone when i left just to make sure :D

BUT ! he was still there when i left my mothers place a little later.

Not having parking mode don't really bother me, the 1 or 2 times every year where i might park in a place where it would be nice to have i will just run a camera on a power bank while i am gone.

But i can see the problem for other people, not even having their cars vandalized 2 times shortly after one and other like i had when i moved here, and that is also why i park in the back yard now and have a IP camera aimed at my car.

LOL!!

Sounds like the Danes are getting wilder, in my family it's the Swedes who do things like that LOL~!

Hehe well this Dane is not like most of them :D actually trying to debate something with the other ones often lead me to thing "fire and water" and then give up trying to talk some sense into them.

This Dane is like the old ones that sailed to discover the Americas, cuz at home was just so :rolleyes:
But sadly most of my life i have been too Danish and made a lot of stupid decisions, so now i an old and weak and cant really set sail unless i win a huge lotto pot.

But if i do that, then its highly likely i set sail, but i think Australia might be the target, but i do hope to be able to go on vacation in the US often to stimulate the little Texan ( not the bible swinging kind ) i have always had buried deep down inside of me.

BTW Denmark and Sweden are some of the nations that have been most at war, something like 11 times in a little over 200 years with a 5 - 5 score and 1 draw.

"Since 1500, Sweden and Denmark have fought some long wars, without pauses. If you measure by, say, campaign seasons in which clashes took place, it’s likely that Sweden and Denmark, though perhaps fighting fewer named wars, take the top spot for long-term conflict. That is, Swedes and Danes possibly spent even more individual YEARS at war than France and England. Which would be impressive…and a touch depressing."

Last edited:
My great grandfather and grandfather sailed over back towards the beginning of the last century from Denmark. They were kicked out of the US for one reason or another, but came back. My great-grandma and grandmother came from Sweden around that time too. They had a happy marriage but my grandma was always the firecracker (her nickname was the Wild Swede) with my grandpa being the responsible, calm one. We do have one cousin who married in from Norway and while we love Ordy, we pick on him relentlessly. At least he is not a Fin.

Back