Generic a119?

Does viofo have generic versions?
Found this at b&h photo
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1318262-REG/papago_gs77016gbb_gosafe_770_1440p_ultra.html
Looks identical (at least on the looks)
Not that I'm interested in buying that, I would still stay with viofo, just wanted to bring to attention :)
That's been around for awhile, but haven't seen it sold in the states yet. Same shell, but different hardware inside I believe. I see this one has a battery instead of capacitors.

DashCam + Built-In Battery = Avoid

from a link above:
"210mAh battery backup allows the camera to detect motion when the vehicle is off". :)

from a link above:
"210mAh battery backup allows the camera to detect motion when the vehicle is off". :)
Yeah, if you use parking mode and the G-Sensor senses an event, the camera will power on under the battery power. The battery doesn't hold more than a few minutes of run time (at full charge).

There is a reason the most popular trusted and high end dashcam products don't include a battery inside.

Running any battery powered dashcam mounted in the window is a bad idea. (Especially Parked in the sun). The small battery isn't all that useful for starters. The constant charge discharge will prematurely wear out the ability to keep your last file from being corrupted when it eventually fails. Sun will be the biggest threat to a battery trapped in a heat trapped vehicle environment.

Better off powering via something like a Vico-Power PLUS hardwire kit. (With a super capacitor based dashcam) New A119 beta firmware supports 1FPS "parking mode" with the G-sensor triggers to wake up etc.

It's not good to leave any camera recording 24/7. Vico Power Plus is nice because you can easily turn parking mode Power on/off as needed with the flip of a switch.

Back