Generic Bluetooth Shutter

AlexisPolak

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Hi there! I'm Alexis and i'm relative new in the forum. For my birthday (22-oct) i recive a generic bluetooth 3.0 shutter from my brother and i want to use it with the Xiaomi Yi.

I try to pair it directly to the camera but i didn't have any luck but i pair it with the smartphone and with the app open and connected to the camera vía wifi i can take photos. This option have 2 problems. The first is that i need to have the app open and the screen unlocked. The second one is that the camera needs the WiFi on, and that drains the batery really fast with no streaming option and only status leds on.

I really want to know if there is any solution to that. I'm a software developer and i imagine a few alternatives but maybe someone already try that.

Alternative 1: change the MAC address and name of the generic bluetooth shutter to match the Xiaomi Yi Original Shutter, so the camera will find it. The problem of this is that i don't have any original MAC Adress and name of the Original Shutter so i can't do it. If there is any kind soul that coud give me one, i'll be really happy.

Alternative 2: make an Android App that keep runing on the background (even when the phone is locked) that read the bluetooth data from the generic shutter and send "something" to the camera to take the photo/start recording emulating the app. This option is harder, and i still need the camera with the WiFi on.

Well, hope someone can help me with more info is there is any, and if someone can giveme the data from your original bluetooth shutter i'll me pleaced.

Thanks a lot guys !

The Xiaomi Yi bluetooth remote is only like $5 US, so it's probably not worth trying to hack a generic controller to work. Additionally, a generic would only be the shutter release and the OEM remote has a shutter AND mode switch. I have tried to mess with a generic and came to the conclusion that it was an hour of time wasted.

FYI, if you really want to use the generic, connect the phone via wifi and the remote to the phone. The shutter button should trigger recording on the app. I haven't tried it with the lve preview off, but that might work.

A Bluetooth remote control to control 6 or more Xiaomi camera that would be meaningful, otherwise it is not worth to crack.

Back