Genuine 0803 on Dealextreme?

perb

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi guys, my first post here.

I decided to finally get a dashcam and settled on the 0803 after checking reviews and youtube videos.
Amazon wouldn't ship to me so I found it on Dealextreme instead and ordered it there. I since found this forum and became aware that there are clones and fakes of this camera out there. I still have a chance to cancel my order if I ordered a fake, can you guys help me out? I ordered this one:

http://www.dx.com/p/mini-1-5-tft-lc...mos-120-wide-angle-car-dvr-w-gps-black-336425

Is it the real thing or should I cancel?

Thanks jokiin.

I'm getting second thoughts about this and I think I'll cancel just to be safe.
Can anyone recommend a good vendor who sells the 0803? Good as in good price and a genuine product.

Thanks!

I also found Joovuu that seems trustworthy. Looks like I can get a free hardwire kit there if I only could find the voucher code.

Have you tried the code freehardwirekit

I also found Joovuu that seems trustworthy.

I have been shopping a couple of mobius from Joovuu and it's been spot on. From placing my order to arrive at my Swedish doorstep has taken about a week every time. Spoiled with our national overnight shipping a week is pretty fast, to be overseas shipping I mean. Stuff bought and shipped from Asia (and sometimes even US) takes forever to show up. I wonder how those packages are shipped, strapped to a whale? Or a turtle?? ;)

Have you tried the code freehardwirekit

Got it, thanks!

I have been shopping a couple of mobius from Joovuu and it's been spot on. From placing my order to arrive at my Swedish doorstep has taken about a week every time. Spoiled with our national overnight shipping a week is pretty fast, to be overseas shipping I mean. Stuff bought and shipped from Asia (and sometimes even US) takes forever to show up. I wonder how those packages are shipped, strapped to a whale? Or a turtle?? ;)

Yeah, I think they have a huge warehouse where stuff just sit for a couple of weeks to punish you for selecting free shipping. ;)

You can see E-prance too, they are a trusted seller. They sells on Amazon and Aliexpress and their own site. I don't know if they ships on Sweden. I ordered two original mini 0803 and a G1W by E-prance.

You can see E-prance too, they are a trusted seller. They sells on Amazon and Aliexpress and their own site. I don't know if they ships on Sweden. I ordered two original mini 0803 and a G1W by E-prance.

Those were the ones that wouldn't ship to Sweden. Their loss, JooVuu got my order instead.

Those were the ones that wouldn't ship to Sweden. Their loss, JooVuu got my order instead.

A good choice if you ask me. Have fun installing your cameras when they arrive!

I just received mine from foxoffer. $95 for 1 card with gps. comes with the new mount.
Flashed to the itracker firmware and everything seems like working fine so far.

I have it at front and a mobius b for the rear.

Buy from dealextreme only if you don't have any other chance.
You can wait even more than 100 days, look here.
The worst shipping I ever meet. I will never buy again from dx.com. Their stuff is for sure also on Aliexpress or ebay.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Buz from dealextreme only if you don't have any other chance.

Totally aware of that, I probably have 200 rows on my order page there. They're good but shipping is slow. Sometimes painfully slow.

I ordered last friday, got it yesterday (thursday) and installed it today and I'm very happy with this little camera. It fits beautifully behind the black frame-thingy of my windshield and it's virtually invisible.
The only negative is one dead (white) pixel in the middle of the picture but it's not a big deal I guess.

DX.com is a great site, but their shipping times are horrible. I would only order from them if you aren't in a hurry. I sometimes order from them and I forget I even ordered it when it finally arrives haha..

It's always best to order from a reputable dash cam retailer (Like us! :D) anyways. You'll get much better support from them.

Kelvin

Last edited:
DX.com is a great site, but their shipping times are horrible. I would only order from them if you aren't in a hurry. I sometimes order from them and I forget I even ordered it when it finally arrives haha..

It's always best to order from a reputable dash cam retailer anyways. You'll get much better support from them.

Kelvin

As i said, I'm a long time DX customer so I know everything about long delivery times. I checked now and I have one item that I ordered 5/27/2014 that haven't arrived yet. It shipped a few days later so it's got to be out there in some huge, Indiana Jones style, warehouse belonging to China Mail. I've never had a lost package though, they always somehow make it through in the end.

They do really take a long while sometimes, but like you say, they always pull through. It does make up for the free shipping though!

However, if you're buying electronics on there, you have to be careful. Lots of fakes.

Kelvin

Back