Gimbal for GitUp G3 Duo

Jason Liew

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
A119 V2, A119 Pro, A119s V2, A129 Duo, GitUp G3 Duo,Mini0906
Hi all,

Any recommendation on gimbal for GitUp G3 Duo direct fitting since dimension between Git2 vs G3 slightly different.
Feiyutech G4 series is not recommended by Feiyutech itself due to having pre-connector ready in the gimbal for GoPro model. They recommended me to use G5 model gimbal.

It is only the front to back dimension that is different, and that is not a big difference, so most GoPro Hero 4 sized gimbals should be OK.

The USB connector is also a little further forward which might be an issue.

Everyone seems to want something different from a gimbal so it is hard to recommend any, eg some people want the motors to be silent so that they are not picked up by the microphone, other people don't care about noise. Personally I am happy with the G3's built in EIS; since it is really a 1080 camera with the image coming from a 4K sensor, you don't noticeably lose resolution by using EIS and a little zoom.

I saw Techmoan reviewed the Feiyutech wearable gimbal recently: http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2017/10/10/review-feiyu-tech-wearable-gimbal.html

Reactions: Mtz
maybe im new on action camera. maybe my body motion creating a lot of rough motion. Yi gimbal might not suitable for G3 duo. Probably i would purchase the Feiyutech G5 gimbal. 1111 sales is near. hopefully i could catch a good gimbal pricing sales.

I've used the EVO SS3 wearable, which probably was optimized for GoPro's, it doesn't fit precisely but close enough. The image stabilization in the Git3 is very weak, any video I create in my car must be stabilized in post or it is not watchable. Also, when using most gimbals you can forget about using the 2nd cam because the weight and torque of the cable will cause the gimbal to be out of balance.

Hohem iSteady Pro is my choice. I have posted a demo of it in action with the g3 at YouTube.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back