Git up 2 raw conversion problems

The DNG should be 3/4 the size of the raw - it should be smaller.

I guess your very small image is due to the software you are using rather than the file, have you tried another DNG viewer or editor?

But after I convert it the dng is half the size of the RAW and when I open it with gimp the pictures are very small 160x120
Can someone help me please?
Do you have checked the checkbox Compatibility in raw2dng converter?
Please share one of your raw source files here.

It is the 1/3 of the size
I have compatibility checked
I can not upload my raw file here because it is 30mb and DNG is 13 mb
Is there another way to share it?

Did you run the converter with it's ini file in the same folder so that it had the correct settings? You also need to choose the correct aspect ratio, but given the size of your file it would be the default 4:3 16MP image.

i think the pic is shot at 4:3

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 8
Thanks alot man!
I opened the dng
But I dont find the reason converting it
when I try to open the proper raw file in photoshop it always opens in greyscale

Last edited:
Thanks alot man!
I opened the dng
But I dont find the reason converting it
when I try to open the proper raw file in photoshop it always opens in greyscale
Nice! The DNG is an universal format of raw photos. The original (internal) raw from git2 need to be converted to dng.

I tried today opening the raw file directly with photoshop
and it opens it if I enter the correct dimensions 4608x3456 , 16bit and ibm pc but the problem is that it always opens in grayscale and I dont know how to revert it
Do you have any idea?

I tried today opening the raw file directly with photoshop
and it opens it if I enter the correct dimensions 4608x3456 , 16bit and ibm pc but the problem is that it always opens in grayscale and I dont know how to revert it
Do you have any idea?
Use the DNG file! No raw file editor understands all raw formats correctly, that is why everything converts to DNG format which every raw file editor should understand correctly, even if it is not exactly raw data.

Back