Git1 Bass Sound Distortion

MacLeod

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The Git1 is an excellent camera, but It's recording with real bass sound distortion.

When I use the Git1 as a dashcam in my car, several bass distortions occurs, depending of how the engine sounds in the rpm range.

I tested all the sound sensitivity modes (low, medium and high), with and without the original mic, but the bass distortions remains.

This problem only occurs with Git1. My G1W dashcam records the sound without bass distortion.

So, I think we need a firmware with bass and treble tune options. Or what could we do instead?

Firmware used is GIT1_V1.40_20160719

Thanks!

Your car is too loud for the camera!
You could get a quieter car, or use a low sensitivity external microphone, or the best solution is a microphone with a volume control.

The Git1 is a few years old now, the Git2 has a much better auto volume control and the Git3 even better again, the Git3 can cope with sound louder than my ears can manage. However the Git1 can produce great sound when the microphone sensitivity matches the sound levels, it doesn't compress the audio like the later cameras, either in dynamic range or using a codec, it is raw sound quality.

The Git1 only problem is with bass frequency. If I use a low sensitivity external microphone or a microphone with a volume control, all the other sound frequencies would be reduced too. Or not?

You said the Git1 produces raw sound quality. So, is it impossible to do a bass and treble tuner?

I guess it would be possible at least to do a lower sensitivity mode. But the best option would be to low the bass sound. Other cheaper cameras don't have this bass problem. Besides, I saw other people complaining about the Git1 bass sound distortion.

Thanks!

Have you tried the low audio volume setting?
Of course if use a external MIC, it will improve the audio quality.

Reactions: Mtz
Yes, I tried the low audio volume setting. In this case, there is less bass sound distortion. But the problem is still there, and the volume is too low. The external mic helps a little to lower the bass sound. However, it is not a solution too.

The bass distortion is a problem already noticed by other owners. Here are some examples:

http://www.gibson99.com/reviews/action-camera/gitupgit1wifiactioncamera

"So far my only real complaint is that the built-in microphone is overly sensitive to bass and low sounds, especially when it's NOT in the waterproof case. I went autocrossing and had the camera in the open frame on my helmet and on the inside of the windshield of the car I drove (Mazdazpeed Miata with a fairly quiet aftermarket exhaust - I didn't have to yell to be heard by my passenger). Even at idle, the bass of the exhaust overdrove the microphone and made everything sound horrible."

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...o-wi-fi-waterproof-1080p-action-camera.14334/

"Daytime Videos: @gitup , here are few daytime clips.
Audio is very loud and clear but at few places, there is some heavy bass distortion."

Is it possible to have a firmware with bass and treble tune options?

Is there a cheap mic with bass and treble tune options?

Or other possible solutions?

Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xmyladylostx Git1 11
T Git1 7
M Git1 8
C Git1 10
srvctec Git1 7
Back