Git1 Firmware

gitup

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
GIT1, GIT2
Latest and stable firmware, version number is "GIT1_V1.30_20160116", released on 16th Jan 2016.
http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git1/20160116/GIT1FW.zip

Change log:

1. Added: Control Led Status
  • a) All LED On (Turn on all LED)
  • b) All LED Off (Turn off all LED)
  • c) Front LED Off (Turn off front LED)
  • d) Side LED Off (Turn off top LED and Wi-Fi LED)
  • e) Back LED On (Only turn on the back LED)
2. Added: Recording Audio Volume Adjust
  • a)Low
  • b)Medium
  • c)High
3. Added: Self Timer delay for Photo: 3S, 5S, 10S, 15S, 30S
4. Added:Configurable function for menu button while recording:ZOOM, support MAX 4X ZOOM
5. Added: Remote control working mode:
  • a)Standard
  • b)Quick
6. Improved: G-sensor and Motion Detection sensitivity

Regarding the remote control quick working mode, works as below:
  • 1)Video Button: Start recording immediately in standby mode;
  • 2)Photo Button: Take a video snapshot while in recording or take a photo in standby mode;
  • 3)Power off Button: Stop Recording;
  • 4)Wi-Fi Button: Enable/Disable Wi-Fi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Released new firmware today, version number is GIT1_V1.20_20151013.
Download link:
http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git1/20151013/GIT1FW.zip

Change Log:
1. Added: Support 720P 60fps
2. Improved: Auto exposure
3. Improved: Improved audio sampling rate to 44.1KHz
4. Improved: OFF front Red LED and ON Green LED then camera fully charged
5. Improved: Disable screen backlight after 1 minute while charging but enable backlight again if user press any button
6. Fixed: Recording with 3.5mm Female Microphone Adapter
7. Changed/Fixed: Text display issues -
Please do the following to upgrade the action cam

1. Download the firmware file

2. Unzip the file using available unzip programs, e.g. WinZip or 7-Zip

3. Open the file and copy the .bin file directly onto the MicroSD card root file

4. Insert the MicroSD card into the cam and power it on via a 5V/1A power source, e.g. cigarette lighter or power bank, it will start upgrade automatically.

5. While upgrading the photo status green light starts blinking(the light blinking slowly at the beginning, then blinking quickly), after the light stop blinking, it means upgrade is finished. (The whole process lasts about 30 seconds)

6. After upgrade, remove the SD card and delete the firmware, otherwise it will upgrade again when you power on the camera next time.

Earlier firmware can be found here.

To offer better support firmware, we just added a support section on product page.

gitup firmware.jpg

Last edited:
any plans for high frame rates on lower resolutions? some other cameras have up to 240fps at VGA (640x480). yes, it's low res, but i'd really love to try out such high frame rates.

@Mtz provide similar suggestion, but I think if looking for high resolutions, it is better to think about Git2 or other 1080P 60fps cameras.
I am not sure how good is VGA 240fps, but it will take a lot of time for developing.

Upgrade was quick and easy.
Before: GIT1_V1.10_20150901
After: GIT1_V1.20_20151013

Git1 Firmware update 20151014.jpg

I've noticed:

When turning the camera upside down; the image on the screen (but not the on-screen display) automatically rotates but the actual recorded footage does not.

Confusing.

I use the camera mounted upside down in the car and right side up in most other applications.

I would like to know if possible in the next firmware version, the menu for "image rotation" can have a third option for "Automatic" along with "Normal" and "Reverse" (Instead of "On" and "Off")

(seems to me with the screen already rotating, getting the recorded footage to automatically rotate as well would be somewhat fairly simple)

I don't plan on being upside down, but if I did use it in an application as such, I would then set it at the correct rotation.

"Automatic Image Rotation" would keep me out of the settings menu many, many times.

Thanks,

I own 2 of them, waiting to get my hands on the Git2.

I use the camera mounted upside down in the car and right side up in most other applications.
Not sure it is that simple, the image ends up the right way up on the LCD because when you turn the camera upside down you also turn the LCD upside down, if you turn your computer monitor upside down then that will also show the images the right way up!

Last time I mentioned the problem of having to go through the menus every time I put it in the car to gitup, he produced a new frame for car mounting so that you can mount it the correct way up in the car, solves the problem very nicely :)

http://www.gitup.com/mounts/38-dashcam-frame-for-gitup.html

dashcam-frame-for-gitup.jpg

Also works very nicely for tripod/monopod mounting.

For car mounting, I recommend attaching it to a solid sticky mount rather than a rubber suction cup mount, less chance of vibration/wobble.

Here are mine in use:

Git2%20Car%20Mount.jpg

Git2%20Monopod.jpg

Last edited:
@Mr.JJ
I think that auto display rotation is only if you have G-sensor on.
I have it off and I have to rotate image with the menu when mounted upside down that also rotates the video.
It's less confusing this way.

20151004_133210-git1-lukas-lk-9370-sj70000-jpg.17602

Just tried it out,
turned it on and started recording,
spun the camera round and round a few times.

While the "On Screen Display" (date, time and such) do indeed spin with the camera, the image on LCD display stays vertical.

That is why I had asked.

G sensor is off.

Also, just for the fun of it,

Spun my laptop upside down and
if you turn your computer monitor upside down then that will also show the images the right way up!

everything was upside down. :confused:

Desktop LCD Monitor maybe?

everything was upside down. :confused:
What, even the video that was recorded upside down is still upside down when the laptop is upside down?

What, even the video that was recorded upside down is still upside down when the laptop is upside down?
I'm getting more confused. :D

My misunderstanding.

I apologize for taking this discussion off track.

I really do appreciate everyone's hard work and helpfulness of this fine, multiple-use camera to us end users.

I'm getting more confused. :D
Maybe it would help if you stood on your head? :D

My misunderstanding.

I apologize for taking this discussion off track.

I really do appreciate everyone's hard work and helpfulness of this fine, multiple-use camera to us end users.
Don't worry, it is actually quite hard to understand what happens when you turn the camera over at first, even though it is actually quite simple.

Maybe it would help if you stood on your head? :D

Don't worry, it is actually quite hard to understand what happens when you turn the camera over at first, even though it is actually quite simple.
basically...

when camera is upside down, the image sensor is also upside down. then since the screen is upside down, the upside down image from the sensor appears to be right side up.

another issue to think about - this is an action camera. if it used the G-sensor to orient the video, it could change orientation at random moments during the recording depending on how the camera is bouncing around, which would be a bad thing.

g-sensor has nothing to do with image orientation - it's basically only there for when it's used as a dashcam - if it registers a spike of g-force, it locks the current video file to prevent it from being overwritten when in loop mode. when NOT in loop mode, i expect it still probably locks it, but since it's not in loop mode, it wouldn't get overwritten anyway, so it's moot.

one thing i WOULD like to see though - some sort of hotkey to toggle image rotation quickly so i don't have to dive into the menus each time i mount the camera in a new location. sure, i can rotate the video on my pc after the fact, but not everyone knows how to do that. plus it can be tedious in the software, and degrade the quality of the video.

g-sensor has nothing to do with image orientation -
Maybe in theory but not entirely true practically.
I have an action cam that flipped the hell out of image upside down during every hard bump when mounted on a motorized bike.
I disabled G-Sensor and it never did that.

was that a git1 though?
No. Just mentioning G-sensor affects orientation.
I haven't tested Git1 in same scenario where the G-sensor goes off and on like on a bike on dirt roads.
I'll test when I get a chance.
It may behave the same as the other action camera automatically flips image when upside down but turning G-sensor off puts a tab on it.

i just tried it out. on the git1, g-sensor is NOT tied to screen rotation. with g-sensor on max sensitivity, the image stays rotated the same way no matter what. so i started recording right side up, then turned it upside down, and banged it against my hand and then on my desk to make sure it knew it was upside down. when it hit the desk, the yellow triangle showed up on the OSD but the resulting video was upside down as it should have been. when i checked the SD card, that file was in the RO folder, just like a dashcam.

so it sounds like g-sensor was poorly implemented in that other action camera you are talking about. in the discovery DS200 i reviewed, the g-sensor worked the same way as in the git1 - doesn't affect rotation, and is only used to lock files so they aren't overwritten by loop recording.

Yes it could be that or the G-sensor was tied to gyro or whatever sensor that auto flips the footage depending upon camera's orientation.
Also, I didn't mean it flips for long that you can check it afterwards when this happens.

Here's the video in question where video flips momentarily and goes back to original position:

This was resolved by disabling G-sensor.

After looking at the above video, my idea of adding a menu option of "automatic" image rotation is....

A BAD IDEA.

I just learned soooo much.

Thanks again all.

Yes it could be that or the G-sensor was tied to gyro or whatever sensor that auto flips the footage depending upon camera's orientation.
Also, I didn't mean it flips for long that you can check it afterwards when this happens.

Here's the video in question where video flips momentarily and goes back to original position:

This was resolved by disabling G-sensor.

should you really be doing those kinds of stunts on public roads?

seriously though it's just a firmware bug and they should be able to sort it without too much problem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xmyladylostx Git1 11
T Git1 7
M Git1 8
M Git1 4
gitup Git1 19
Back