Git1 Memory card issue

xmyladylostx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Git1, Poloroid action cam
Hi, new here.

After much research I chose this camera. Updated the firmware. Stuck a brand new (formatted on samsung s9+) sandisk ultra 64gb card in it (this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073JYVKNX ) into it and the camera said "custer size wrong please format." followed by "memory error" when I try and take a shot.

How can I fix the card. (Note: My laptop is very old and cannot format xfat cards, and I'm having issues with windows installer so I haven't been able to get the patch going to fix that. I don't have access to another computer that will accept micro sd cards or cards in an adapter so all I have in my cell phone for that.)

You need to format the card in the camera through the menu settings. It's ALWAYS better to format any memory card in the device in which it is to be used.

You need to format the card in the camera through the menu settings. It's ALWAYS better to format any memory card in the device in which it is to be used.

That would be nice but I couldn't find a formatting option in the menu (when I had a card in there that let the camera work) and I'm not certain I can see the menu setting with the big error message on the screen. I'll double check.

I think the card was bunk. When I updated my laptop finally to format exfat the card itself wouldn't show any more that 27gb and it's a 64gb card. So I think it was defective. I have a replacement coming so we shall see. But I will check again for formatting on the device.

That would be nice but I couldn't find a formatting option in the menu (when I had a card in there that let the camera work) and I'm not certain I can see the menu setting with the big error message on the screen. I'll double check.

I think the card was bunk. When I updated my laptop finally to format exfat the card itself wouldn't show any more that 27gb and it's a 64gb card. So I think it was defective. I have a replacement coming so we shall see. But I will check again for formatting on the device.
It is in the system menu, not the video menu - press the front button a few times...

These Sandisk A1 cards are very good. I use 64GB one from Amazon (exactly like yours) and it is capable recording videos with 135Mbps bitrate using my Git1 custom firmware. A sample 1080p30/135Mbps video shot with the Git1 can be found here.

It is in the system menu, not the video menu - press the front button a few times...
I pushed the button on the side to get into the menu. I get everything from iso, contrast, gsensor, etc options. There is no formatting menu. Pushing the front button a few times does nothing but turn the video off and on.

These Sandisk A1 cards are very good. I use 64GB one from Amazon (exactly like yours) and it is capable recording videos with 135Mbps bitrate using my Git1 custom firmware. A sample 1080p30/135Mbps video shot with the Git1 can be found here.
Right but it won't work in the camera.

I pushed the button on the side to get into the menu. I get everything from iso, contrast, gsensor, etc options. There is no formatting menu. Pushing the front button a few times does nothing but turn the video off and on.
Also there is no systems setting option within the menu.

Also there is no systems setting option within the menu.
1. Turn on the cam.
2. Press the mode button 3 times.
3. Press the shutter button.
4. Go to 'Format'...

1. Turn on the cam.
2. Press the mode button 3 times.
3. Press the shutter button.
4. Go to 'Format'...
Omg! Trial and error. 3 presses doesnt work on mine. It's 6. And THANK YOU!! Says I have 39 hours of video I can record and my test was awesome. I swear I googled the hell out of this and couldn't find an answer. Thank you so much!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Git1 7
M Git1 8
M Git1 4
C Git1 10
srvctec Git1 7
Back