Git2 Memory error

Petr817

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hi gyus,

I am new with git2, i am so satisfied with, its great cam, but i have one problem with memory card.. Now it happens more often. If I do 3-5 photos or after a few sec of recording, the cam show an message, memory error. I can even look on recorded vids or pics... Now it wont help restart camera a few times or put out and in the card.

Has anyone any experience with ? My card is 64 gb Kingston class 10 UHS 1.

Hello, have you reformatted the card in the camera before recording? The 64 gig cards are formatted in ExFat, the card must be reformatted in Fat 32

Last edited by a moderator:
I run my Git1 and Git2 with Kingston 16gb class 10, works perfect! Format the card in camera through settings or your memory cards is defect maybe? Test another memory card! And you sure its fat32? Wish you best luck

If problem still occur try update the firmware to the latest one.

If your card is new and you bought it over the internet it could be fake.

If the camera has already worked (recorded) on that card it should be in the right format (Fat32) but possible faulty, to discard:

Try to copy big files on it using your PC to check for corrupted files or error messages while copying.
Use other cards on the Git2 that you know are working fine to see if the message is gone or reappears.
Check the card completely using h2testw_1.4

I don't think it's a Git2 issue. It must be a faulty fake card.

Good luck.

Thanks fot advice. The is not fake for 100%. I bought it from biggest PC and components distributor in our country...
I will try another card, dont have any, but I can buy a new one (maybe Samsung EVO, heard its one of best) or I can borrow it.

Yesterday I formated the card in camera and for now it working fine.. But I made it one time before and after a few days it start to make the error again. Maybe I have a bad piece, it can happen. So will see after time, if it will do it again.

Anyway, thanks all for advice.

H2testw will tell you if the card is defective or fake. You just format the card then run the program. It writes data to the entire card then tries to read it back. If it can't read all of it then the card is no good. Get the program at the link in my signature.

At least you should be able to return it to this largest store in the country if it's bad, right?

We recommend the Transcend and Sansung card instead of Kinstong.

I run genuine Kingston 16gb class 10 in several Git1´s and Git2! Works perfect!

not all cards are created equal, they do need to be genuine but even so some brands are not the most suitable

Kingston didn't produce memory. They just put own label on it.

Kingston didn't produce memory. They just put own label on it.

[Citation needed]

Kingston is one of the oldest makers of memory chips, though in this day of mergers and acquisitions, it's possible they got bought out and thus don't actually make anything anymore.

Any reason for that @gitup?

The most sold (fake) sd cards over the internet are Samsung and Transcend (also Kingston).

So, i think any of them being original would work nicely. I believe the advice should be always try to use original cards, no mattering the brand. Perhaps you say this because of the numerous times a Kingston card is reported failing (without knowing the user that is a knockoff card).

I use the same old card used on my Sony Action Cam since 2012 with no issue on the Git2. It has been overwrited sooooo many times and it is still working nicely.

And it isn't of any of the three brands above. :)
Mainly depends on our testing and feedback we read on internet, we have sold a lots Transcend cards.

Back