Git2 not recording after date reset

gngan

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Dash Cam
Git1 & Git2
So my Git2's capacitor is not holding any charge and whenever I remove the battery then the date will reset it back to 01/01/2017. This is fine as I can just charge the battery via the mini-USB or I remove the date in the setting. The issue is when the date is reset; when i record video with the top button...screen shows recording but when I view the video in Git2 or PC...no files are there.

I tried recording with the Quick Record and manually turn-on the Git2 which both shows as recording but when viewing in Git2/PC then no videos are recorded. I am running V1.7.4

Send PM to Gitup stating the problems.

There are no response for two weeks. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Might be a good idea for people with bad capacitor to test their unit. As bad capacitor is a common issue for Git1 and Git2, this will be a major problem going forward. I usually glance at the unit when I start my car or motorcycle ensuring that it is recording. The problem with this is that the screen shows recording and blinking red light. For now, I have to ensure that date is correct (no loss power) because if the date is reset then it's NOT recording even if the red light is blinking and screen shows recording.

Back