Git2 Photo thread

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
Let's start a thread with nothing but PHOTOS you've taken with your Git2. Screencaps or framegrabs from video are OK too. If you remember, please post any settings you made to the camera when the photo/video was taken.

Here's a framegrab from when I had the camera mounted to my step-sister's snowboard as we went down a trail through the trees. video was set to 1080p60, gyro on, wide angle, everything else zero/auto.

The blurry spot at top center is a small bit of snow on the lens (waterproof case on).

I tried mounting it to one of my skis, but the texture on the top of the ski was too much for even the "gummy" style suction cup i have. Her snowboard is smooth and glossy so the suction cup was pretty much part of the board. I had to wedge a screwdriver under the suction cup to remove it when we were done.

I'll have some of this video in my upcoming video review of the Git2 camera. :)

Maybe not what you intended, but yesterday I took 832 photos, and today I combined them into a Ultra HD (4k) Moving Photo:

GardenByMoonlight.jpg

That is the constellation of Cassiopeia to the left of the house, photo taken at 1:40 AM under a nearly full moon, all natural light.

Exposure: 1 minute @ ISO 100,
3 second self timer to avoid camera shake from pressing the shutter.

That is the constellation of Cassiopeia to the left of the house, photo taken at 1:40 AM under a nearly full moon, all natural light.

Exposure: 1 minute @ ISO 100,
3 second self timer to avoid camera shake from pressing the shutter.

that's a pretty impressive result considering this is meant to be an action camera

I dont get a 1 min exposure and not getting stars as lines instead of dots, but maybe my memory is screwing with me again, night photography is not somthing i have done much.

I dont get a 1 min exposure and not getting stars as lines instead of dots, but maybe my memory is screwing with me again, night photography is not somthing i have done much.
with such a wide angle lens, the stars don't move enough to make lines in only one minute. if you could do 10 minutes or more, then you would see some short star trails.

http://www.astropix.com/HTML/I_ASTROP/TRIPOD/TRIPOD2.HTM

the image at the top of that article says it was 48 minutes worth of exposure time, and those trails aren't super long.

with such a wide angle lens, the stars don't move enough to make lines in only one minute. if you could do 10 minutes or more, then you would see some short star trails.

http://www.astropix.com/HTML/I_ASTROP/TRIPOD/TRIPOD2.HTM

the image at the top of that article says it was 48 minutes worth of exposure time, and those trails aren't super long.
That is one reason, the other is that I am looking directly north, if I had been looking south then you would see short star trails.

If you look at the north pole star in this Git2 photo timelapse of 1 minute exposures then it doesn't move even over 4 hours, but the other stars do:

Not the best photo, but its not often you see two vehicles passing at 27576 km/h!

ISS.jpg

The bright one is the International Space Station, I never saw the other one with my eyes so it wasn't very bright but judging from the length of the motion blur I think it may be a EUMETSAT weather satellite. I think the redness behind it was a lens reflection from the streetlight which is illuminating things on the ground.

That's 460 Km of motion blur from the ISS - a 1 minute exposure @ ISO 800 and tungsten white balance preset for the street lights.

Last edited:
2016_0210_202248_002-defishr.jpg

After seeing these night photos, I decided to run outside and test out my Git2. Not too bad for the 1st try. Orion the Hunter in the center of the image.
1 min exposure @ ISO 100, 10 sec self timer.

Last edited:
What app are you all using to de-fish and clean up the images from the Git2?

What app are you all using to de-fish and clean up the images from the Git2?
I am not doing any of that. The photo I posted in the first post is an unmodified framegrab from video taken with my git2 while it was attached to a snowboard.

A 4K timelapse made from 383 pictures at 8Mpix in the worst position possible, with sun in front of the lens !

A 4K timelapse made from 383 pictures at 8Mpix in the worst position possible, with sun in front of the lens !
The effect of the fisheye on that bridge is terrible, it's turned it into a horse shoe shape :D

hehe yes that bridge is fisheyed all by itself :D one of those fancy smancy pedestrian bridges designed by a hipster.

In Copenhagen there is a S shaped bicycle path bridge.
DSC_2029.jpg

I guess that underline how dangerous cyclists is in copenhagen, its so bad they have to drive in on path in the sky far avay from anyone else.

That,,, or a huge waste of money :rolleyes:

Come on now... When government is involved with our money, they never waste a single penny.

They make sure every penny is spent. And then some. Whether it needs to be spent or not. :rolleyes:
So true...
The "curved bridge" is from a local park that was closed a few years to be "rehabilitated". They cut half of treas to make room for stupid bridges, covered high areas of grass with asphalt and marble pathways and so on...before this the park was actually nice green and quiet, now you can hear the cars passing on nearby streets.

Time we had some more photos in this thread!

y3m6b3ZoTp1DtN_a7hpJCssm3uOd3cFo1If7tEQaQN0mU3-fw8TLf7pmFt1_25qXevLRBLpRHlZU6NoeaVKML-bwjOj7ipQzp4uk2pgYwlVduf2oQMMKIAA0gIvKpkxO-aGWsiEl1bxF2NsexD4c1tjGLQGBW15tgOGns8EOLwJ0VQ

y3m7Rno_vN8jR2uXoo5iE3_oYs9kHUQ0XMkUJS_cZnzm-5gT59DDQ4Vu2tAaG7-YsOuc-pPj7ttQ6x0yVw0kMhnssnvR83R91WFFnxepMbF-r_Dm3KHu2llsDpSS5VxZ9mTGg5gjd2z0vpGaZVfyjX-ckX3Ar68Q6V2j4Yn63nIzFs

This photo was taken by my Git2 Trap Camera (PIR sensor triggered), now enhanced with 40W of LED lighting:

y3mtQFEIePfOSPI_47Eu__fYll3VEkPnTlPpPgYID2KHvGR14NqaxXTC-9cKiPNWSmC4R4ToF_PSav6Wlzrvjx32QUVDWxOberWvredJhtSjPZYfAehfHE2wO6qQcTWUbnlVbJ2qR1YOkoAqAHl9jVGNAySKSNOltTrJKyQprSTm64

Last edited:
Wow! That's awesome! I would like to see how it looks at night... Very good job!

Back