Git2 problem - white screen - display is just white

Shaybeck

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,
I have a problem with my Git2.
When I turn it ON, screen is just white.
I can record, I can shoot video, I can change everything in MENU if I guess what is there.
WiFi is also working. Just not screen.

I got my camera from yesterday, everything was fine, but then it starts this problem from time to time.
Sometimes restart just helped, but today it's just white screen.
I was newest version of firmware 1.4, after problems i updated it again, not helped.
My video of problem:
I find similiar problem on YT

best to ask @gitup for advice on this one, it's a holiday in China at the moment so maybe Tuesday before you hear from them

I had such a problem.

Disassemble the camera and check cable to the screen.
Now my camera work fine.
i9209628

i9209627

I had such a problem.
Disassemble the camera and check cable to the screen.
Now my camera work fine.
It helped!!! Hahahahaha :D Cheers!

git2.png

Helpfull video -
2016_04_30_12_47_00_GitUp_Git2_Complete_Disassemble_YouTube.png
Git2 not turning on, not working screen issue - this is solution :)

Last edited:
Glad to hear you have solved this issue, sorry for that.
I have forwarded to the QC department.

If anyone have this problem, please contact seller or us.

Glad to hear you have solved this issue, sorry for that.
I have forwarded to the QC department.

If anyone have this problem, please contact seller or us.
@gitup - to be clear, it was working when new from box, problem started after first bike ride (just on streets in city) so little vibrations could do this. Thanks ;)

Same issue here, screen is not working even after reconnecting the flat cables :/ Can only control it by my mobile phone now.
Screen stays black..

It worked for like an hour as i was checking the battery time by just recording the wall

Same issue here, screen is not working even after reconnecting the flat cables :/ Can only control it by my mobile phone now.
Screen stays black..

It worked for like an hour as i was checking the battery time by just recording the wall

Official Support responded to me, that they can send me a new screen to replace it by myself.
I wasn't needed this, correcting cable connector helped - it is still working today.

Official Support responded to me, that they can send me a new screen to replace it by myself.
I wasn't needed this, correcting cable connector helped - it is still working today.
Thanks for that feedback!
Should i quote @gitup for that? Would be nice if that could resolve my issue.
I dont feel like sending it back to the reseller and pay import rights again.

And on top of that wait ~4 weeks :)

Thanks for that feedback!
Should i quote @gitup for that? Would be nice if that could resolve my issue.
I dont feel like sending it back to the reseller and pay import rights again.

And on top of that wait ~4 weeks :)
Yes, anyone have screen issue can contact us to get a new replacement, better to contact our support directly.

Yes, anyone have screen issue can contact us to get a new replacement, better to contact our support directly.
Hi,

Great thanks a lot!
I took the git2 with me on holidays even though the screen was broken, knowing what buttons to push i could still get it to work ^^
Made some great movies there and when i came back on holidays i had received a package.

I just build in the new screen i received and everything works as intended

Happy me!

//Daniel

Hey guys,
I have the same problem and I tried to reconnect cables, but it looks like one of them is damaged. It is fine for me, I can survive without screen if I can connect it with phone. But please, can I find someone here, who can guide me or even send a video how to connect it with smartphone without using screen? I think I know how to get through menu to connect it, but then I need to pair devices with password and I don´t know what password should I type on my phone.
Then I can hopefuly set even date on the cam :D
Thank you guys!

Press and hold the function button one the side to activate wif-fi. Password is 12345678 (as I think).

Thanks man, but do you know if I have to somehow confirm the pairing on camera? As I dont see nothing I am not sure if I maybe have to type the password in camera as well, or how can I do it.
Press and hold the function button one the side to activate wif-fi. Password is 12345678 (as I think).

As far as I remember you don't have to confirm anything on the camera. But make sure that your phone is connected to the wi-fi signal of the cam.

gitup git2pro used twice...white screen syndrome.Git up official support says the camera is not covered by warranty..piece of junk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Git2 1
B Git2 24
Yannick Git2 12
G Git2 15
F Git2 1
Back