Git2 quadcopter crash video - 1080p 60fps Gyro ON

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
So I bought myself a 250 racer quad for Christmas, and brought it with me to Colorado, hoping to get some nice aerial footage at my dad's house. Did a little practice making small, slow moves in the driveway, then decided to go ahead and go up above the house and see what that was like. Turns out my low battery alarm wasn't set right and thus the battery got too low. Then when a gust of wind came by, the quad didn't have enough juice to handle it and took a dive. It caught the porch railing on the way down and bent a prop, then landed in some powder, so no real damage, but that was the end of my flying today since the snow was packed into 2 motors and other electronics.

shot at 1080p60 with gyro/stabilization enabled, WDR on, EV 0, AWB on, wide angle. used GitUp waterproof case, and was attached to quad on its mounting plate, which has silicone vibration dampers to eliminate the "jello" effect from prop vibration/resonation.

youtube has been stuck at "Processing 95%" for a while now... probably because it's 60fps. if the video doesn't work yet, try back in a few minutes and maybe it'll be done.

right after i took off, it looked like i got really close to the car, but in reality, it was at least 2 meters away and in no danger of making contact with the car. that's the fish-eye effect for ya... Other things of note in the video - at takeoff you can see little chunks of snow being blown away by the propwash, even though the driveway had been plowed that morning, leaving mostly only chunks of ice. as I rise up above the house, you can see deer tracks in the snow, and several deer off in the distance. You can also make out the rows of shingles under the snow, even though the sun is shining directly into the lens - the sun finished setting behind the mountains about 20 minutes after the video was recorded. When it crashed, snow stuck to the lens on the waterproof case. once it was picked up, the snow appears to start moving - that's the gyro hard at work trying to stabilize the video based on motion it can feel. then once i wipe off the snow, you can see one of the gray props, because the quad's camera mount had come loose (silicone damper "balls"), and the gitup mount had pivoted down as well. but the silicone balls did their job - no jello effect in the video!

I've got some snow skiing footage too (no crashes there yet, but we're planning on going skiing again so i won't rule it out ;)), but the internet connection here is so slow it's taken over an hour just to upload a 200mb file to youtube. that's the price you pay for living in God's Country. :) i plan on mounting a git1 next to the git2, setting them both to 1080p30, and turning on gyro on the git2. then once i get back home, i'll sync them up side by side. that will give people a good idea of just how much the gyro helps.

I passed a lot of rural houses and small villages yesterday, and it was clear by the 15 mm orange tube sticking up of the ground here and there that fiber was commng ther way.

Still a long way to go in this little country, i just hope we will see prizes like in Sweden soon, over there a 1 Gbit connection cost half of what a 500 mbit cost here.
And Sweden is much larger, and is for the most made of granite making it hard to put anything in the ground, and Denmark is just left over dirt after the Last iceage.

Almost 24 hours now. Seems to be a bug as there's a TON of posts about "stuck at 95% processing" and no solution. Some posts are over a year old. What a pain... I may try re uploading later tonight just to see if it helps, but I doubt it.

I get the same, youtube must be flutube in this case :p

Back