Git2 remote questions

slack

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is the remote, independent of the wifi?? will it work with the wifi off ?
Does the remote have any indicator lights to let you know video recording did in fact start ??
With only one button for both start and stop of video recording, without an indicator on the watch/remote there is no way to tell if it is recording?
how reliable is the remote ?

Thanks,
Slack

Hmm,
Looking around the Gitup web site I saw this answer to a question about the remote:

""Q: is there any sort of feedback (led light, sound or vibration) on the remote that tells you that you have sucessfully started the recording? - See more at: http://www.gitup.com/en/accessories...action-camera-black.html#sthash.RI8rxj1a.dpuf""
""A: There is sound beep on camera while start and stop recording. We will improve this in next version firmware, will allow customize the remote control button function, there will be a button to ensure the recording is started ""

Has this happened yet ?? How exactly will this work, how will a button ensure recording has started ??

Real close to buying a few of these, but I need a remote that starts the video for sure, and lets me know it.

Thanks,
Slack

Is the remote, independent of the wifi?? will it work with the wifi off ?
Does the remote have any indicator lights to let you know video recording did in fact start ??
With only one button for both start and stop of video recording, without an indicator on the watch/remote there is no way to tell if it is recording?
how reliable is the remote ?

Thanks,
Slack
The remote is independent of the Wi-Fi, can work well with Wi-Fi off.
There is indicator lights, but only blinking one time while you press it.
In future we will upgrade firmware, to start recording with one button, so you can know you press the that button the video recording is started.
The remote control use the CR2032 battery, if there is no enough power, user can replace the battery, the battery price is very low.

Reactions: Mtz
so how does the camera talk to the remote then? is it bluetooth? how long does the camera last if its turned on but not recording whilst connected to the remote?

Do you a time frame of when the firmware is going to be upgraded for a separate button to start the video record?

Thanks,
Slack

so how does the camera talk to the remote then? is it bluetooth? how long does the camera last if its turned on but not recording whilst connected to the remote?
It is 2.4G, not bluetooth, require pairing with the camera for first time use.
It is unidirectional communication, I don't think it will use extra battery whilst paired with the remote.

Do you a time frame of when the firmware is going to be upgraded for a separate button to start the video record?

Thanks,
Slack
Plan to add this first on Git1 and release a new firmware for Git1 before Chinese new year.

any time frame for the git2 ? soon after?

Thanks,
Slack

Does anybody have real life experience with git2 remote? I am concerned about the battery life. As it uses non-chargable battery one can not simply charge it full every time. Does it have any battery life indcator?

Thanks,
Gregor

Does anybody have real life experience with git2 remote? I am concerned about the battery life. As it uses non-chargable battery one can not simply charge it full every time. Does it have any battery life indcator?

Thanks,
Gregor

I think I saw the remote battery (if that's what you're asking) should last around 1 year of normal use

I think I saw the remote battery (if that's what you're asking) should last around 1 year of normal use
Yes, should be around the same as a car keyfob, and uses the same type of battery, but if you don't often use it then up to 10 years.

I've been using mine alot, never worry about it, just a simple watch battery. Not to mention a simple remote like that as said, will last a yr easily in a battery.

Do you guys know if there's a way now to tell if the video recording really started judging just by the remote? In my use I cannot see the camare leds nor hear the beep :/ Thanks.

Do you guys know if there's a way now to tell if the video recording really started judging just by the remote? In my use I cannot see the camare leds nor hear the beep :/ Thanks.
Communication with the remote is one way, so that will be impossible.

Reactions: Mtz
Maybe you can use the wireless connection and look on the smartphone screen connected to Git2.

enjoy,
Mtz

@Nigel
I suspected that and it's unfortunate. A simplest feedback like flashing light would help tremendously. Thanks for replying.

@Mtz
In my case it may be dangerous to use the phone, so I'm a bit reluctant. Thank you for your answer.

Do you guys maybe have info/link to a documentation of how the Wi-Fi in this camera operates? Kind of API? I found a nice way of controlling a GoPro camera using Pebble smartwatch and was thinking about implementing something similar for Gitup cameras.

@Nigel
I suspected that and it's unfortunate. A simplest feedback like flashing light would help tremendously. Thanks for replying.

@Mtz
In my case it may be dangerous to use the phone, so I'm a bit reluctant. Thank you for your answer.

Do you guys maybe have info/link to a documentation of how the Wi-Fi in this camera operates? Kind of API? I found a nice way of controlling a GoPro camera using Pebble smartwatch and was thinking about implementing something similar for Gitup cameras.
Controlling it via wifi is easy if you have the right commands to send, I don't have a link, but the info will be about somewhere. Not sure why a watch is safer than a phone though? And there is always the possibility of the wifi signal not getting through.

You can also control it via a pwm servo input on the HDMI connector for record/stop/photo. Although there is no feedback you can be sure it is working reliably, it won't get missed like the wireless can be.

Controlling it via wifi is easy if you have the right commands to send, I don't have a link, but the info will be about somewhere. Not sure why a watch is safer than a phone though? And there is always the possibility of the wifi signal not getting through.

You can also control it via a pwm servo input on the HDMI connector for record/stop/photo. Although there is no feedback you can be sure it is working reliably, it won't get missed like the wireless can be.
My guess would be that he meant it's dangerous for the phone, not for himself. Like in a wet environment, or maybe some place the phone could fall, but a wrist watch wouldn't.

@Nigel
Has to wireless unfortunately, now way to run a cable between me and the camera. I'll to find some information about how to control cameras through wifi.

@Gibson99
Yes, that dangerous both for me and the phone. Wrist watch would be OK though.

Back