Git2 - Start/Stop button - No longer working

Richard Lynch

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi Folks,

Hope you can help.
Was using my Git 2 today in waterproof case. All was working perfectly.
Then the shutter start/stop recording button stoped working.
I am now unable to start or stop a recording or take pics.
Pressing for long or short periods does nothing

Is there a fault ? hardware issue?

Thanks

Richie

@gitup
@GitupII

@GitupII is a user, not from GitUp company.
I have replied your PM.

Hi Gitup

I tried to update the firm ware a few moment ago.
However as the Start/Stop button is not working i am not able to select the Mass storage menu option
because of this i am not able to apply the firmware

Please advise and provide a solution
i would like to use the camera this weekend

@gitu

thanks

Richie

You can put the firmware on the memory card using a card reader, then put the card in the camera and turn the camera on, wait 40 seconds and that is enough to update the firmware.

@Nigel
@gitup

Thanks Nigel, i have updated the firmware as per your instruction. the update appears to be successful as the red led flashed quickly serveral times.
However post update the stop/start button is still not working. the firware update has not resolved this.

Got further advice
Is it hard ware issue

thanks

Richie

Does the button still make a nice click when you press it or does it feel like it is stuck?

Hi Nigel

The button feels normal.
It clicks on press down and again on the way back up.
The button appears to be free moving and not stuck.

@Nigel

Thanks

Richie

Probably best to wait for more advice from gitup then...

You might try opening the camera and looking to see if maybe the ribbon cable for the button/LED is loose or damaged. Can't hurt to reseat the cable in its connector.

Same problem here. Shutter button stopped working.

after dropping my git2 cam from 1 meter high shutter button does not working. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Gitup,
I sent you a PM on Jan 28 regarding exactly the same issue with my camera.
What shall I do?

A small accessory I.C.soldered at three points to main PCB has the shutter button!

Open it and take a look at the parts. Maybe the little PCB underneath the button broke away from the main PCB.
A further remote diagnosis is impossible.

A small accessory I.C.soldered at three points to main PCB has the shutter button!

i opened the cam and you both right. 2 out of 3 soldered joints is broken.thanks for your help.
now where can i found good soldering video to apply to this tiny piece?

Insert the parts back into place (into the housing) without closing the lid. Then they are in the perfect position for soldering them together. For soldering these three spots you won't need much soldering skills.

I also had this issue and solved it by resoldering the button on the pcb.

This is caused by bad design because part of the plastic button-top pushes on the solder joints when it is pressed.

Back