GIT2P - motion detection with photos?

Country
United States
Hello, I have questions about the GitUp Git2P, the one with the 90° FOV. I stumbled across this camera on my search for an action camera that has higher native MPs than 8, a slow motion feature with ok resolution, photo timelapse, photo burst, a motion detection function and can save images in RAW format. Furthermore, I need something with no fisheye and a lower FOV, so the Git2P sounds perfect. I am mainly using my action camera for macro still photos. Currently, I am working with one that can do photo burst in connection with motion detection, and I would like an upgrade when it comes to resolution.
I can see that there are lots of people who do mods for the GitUp camera, and I am wondering if it is possible that the firmware could be changed in a way to make this possible. Thanks in advance and please be gentle, I am a noob. :)

OP
OP
naturelover
Country
United States
:p Yep! I actually ordered one tonight. I hope this will work for me, and I am sure I will be back with questions :geek: @nutsey do you think the photo function can be coupled with the motion detector in this one?

nutsey

Country
Turkey
OP
OP
naturelover
Country
United States
I find it crazy that my Allwinner can do that, and the higher-priced and more sophisticated cams cannot. I like that there seem to be several solutions for mne with the Git2P. Either a remote (like for a drone?) or an IR trigger.

OP
OP
naturelover
Country
United States
Ok, another question. I saw that they already make remote digital viewfinders for Canon or Sony cameras (Aputure is the company). Do these only work with the respective camera or can they be used for others as well? I have no idea if it is possible to tap into the Git2P with something like that though. It would basically be like the viewfinder you can use via phone app, but with a lot more range. I guess I am talking about something like the BlackviewHero2 viewfinder.

Edit: I guess this is what the app would do. For small distances.
What I am looking for is something like the parking function in a dash cam, but for a stationary action camera. I am very curious to know how my small Allwinner camera is actually accomplishing that. With burst mode to boot. I cannot imagine that this would not be possible in a more advanced camera model.

Last edited:
OP
OP
naturelover
Country
United States
Alright, I got my Git2P today, and got to play with it a bit. I am very impressed, and I think I am going to keep it. Here you see one of my yard visitors, my main photographic subject. I will have to learn more about camera settings, but I think this is worth it. Even the jpgs are stunning to me, so I would still be interested to know if it would be possible to have the photo burst function in combination with the motion sensor. PM me if you would like. Thanks in advance! @hc_1982 @gitup

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Git2 47
H Git2 7
Y Git2 3
gitup Git2 1
Wookie Git2 1