Git2P

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
Doesn't seem to be a thread on this, even though it has been available nearly a month!

There is a new version of the Git2 available called the Git2P, comes with a "90 degree" 4.1mm low distortion aspheric lens. The lens was already available as an accessory, but this camera comes with the correct gyro stabilisation calibration for the lens so should give better results. It also has a different image sensor, from Panasonic instead of Sony, hence the "P".

http://www.gitup.com/home/70-gitup-git2p-panasonic-sensor-2160p-90-fov-standard-edition.html

Quench Magazine have posted a video:
We shot some test footage of the GitUp Git2P Action Camera with the Panasonic sensor and 90 degree field of view. It was shot in 4kHD (2880x2160) at 24 frames per second and edited in a 3840x2160 timeline.

All the footage is stabilized in camera except for a couple of clips in the market. Includes a sample of the timelapse (1 frame every 2 seconds)

We bought it directly from GitUp. We're going to use it as a B or C camera on narrative and documentary shoots. Whenever we need a small camera that can fit anywhere.

Git2P%20Action%20Camera%20Product%20Page.jpg

I 've read that aspheric lenses that have compound arcs to reduce natural distortion, are very expensive , and manufacturers compensate by using a series of elements to correct the expected distortion of the light passing through.
Does this mean that action cams lenses, typically with 7 elements, are NOT aspheric in nature?

I 've read that aspheric lenses that have compound arcs to reduce natural distortion, are very expensive , and manufacturers compensate by using a series of elements to correct the expected distortion of the light passing through.
Does this mean that action cams lenses, typically with 7 elements, are NOT aspheric in nature?
I think GoPro uses aspheric lenses, probably Garmin and Nikon too. You can normally tell fairly easily by the amount of blue/purple coloured fringing near the corners of the image, an aspheric lens can correct for that so has far less than a simple non-aspheric lens, even the ones with 13 glass elements struggle with that.

Aspheric lenses are a lot more complex to design and if the aspheric elements are made of glass then yes they are very expensive. However most manufacturers, including Cannon, Nikon etc. make nearly all of their aspheric elements out of plastic which makes them more reasonable, and because 1 aspheric element can do the job of several non-aspheric glass elements the overall cost is not too bad. Looking at the prices, the extra cost of the Git2P aspheric lens seems to be covered by the lack of a waterproof case.

P = Poor AWB (if you were wondering)
Looks like they chose the fluorescent light WB setting for artistic effect when videoing the snow!

Looks like they chose the fluorescent light WB setting for artistic effect when videoing the snow!
I can't understand the reason he did scale 2k to 4k instead of shooting smooth 60p in FullHD...

Last edited:
Found another video test with Git2P, looks good

Reactions: Mtz
The side by side video with Git2 and Git2P. I like the P colors, they are fine (with no violet tint).

Reactions: Mtz
What are peoples thoughts on Git2 vs git2p?
Are there pros/cons to each one?

Is one a better action cam overall? if so why?

New Git2P with 170 degree lens, Panasonic sensor and waterproof case.
The same size of case and camera as Git2, but a bit higher battery capacity (1000 mAh instead of 950 mAh), new lens with another coating.
kbnjkVN.jpg

nGemyj7.jpg

XeswjxN.jpg

73nx4Uz.jpg

Last edited:
New Git2P with 170 degree lens, Panasonic sensor and waterproof case.
The same size of case and camera as Git2, but a bit higher battery capacity (1000 mAh instead of 950 mAh), new lens with another coating.
I think the standard Git2 is also fitted with the bigger battery these days, although there may still be some of the smaller ones in the shops. The extra 50mAh does give a much longer record time, not just the 5% that the figure suggests.

This is essentially a standard Git2 fitted with the Panasonic sensor instead of the Sony sensor, there is not much difference in performance - they are both great cameras for 1080 60fps resolution.

I think the standard Git2 is also fitted with the bigger battery these days, although there may still be some of the smaller ones in the shops. The extra 50mAh does give a much longer record time, not just the 5% that the figure suggests.

This is essentially a standard Git2 fitted with the Panasonic sensor instead of the Sony sensor, there is not much difference in performance - they are both great cameras for 1080 60fps resolution.

I would love to see some side-by-side video comparisons comparing the sensors since everything else is pretty much the same.

I would love to see some side-by-side video comparisons comparing the sensors since everything else is pretty much the same.
Side by side comparison will be soon
vNByWwh.jpg

Left side Git2, right side Git2P (both with normal sharpness, color and contrast, frames from video 60p).
mut1KSB.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone in North America is interested in the Git2P (both 90 and 170 FOV options) they are now available on Amazon.com as of last week.

Back