Gitup 2 external USB Mic and simultaneous charging

ChrisB

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I wonder if anyone else has figured out how to use the external USB mic and also an external battery at the same time? I often use the Gitup 2 to record an orchestra, and sometimes need to use an external power pack for long recording sessions. I'm guessing that one could make a special purpose USB cable that would allow both the Mic and external battery to be connected, but I'm not sure of the pin configuration.
I understand however that the camera supplies power via the USB to the external Mic so could be susceptible to electrical noise? Also I read somewhere that there needs to be a resistor in the circuit so the camera recognises a mic plugged in?
Perhaps another option is to mod a spare battery and connect a 3.7v power supply in via the battery compartment.
Any thoughts, advice most welcome.

Chris

yes it can be done, @Pier28 has posted some info previously on which adapter leads are available which support mic in and external power supply

Maybe a DYI cable will not cost $40 and somebody or @gitup will show some solution. But the first thing needed is the 10 pins MiniUSB connector which is not so easy to buy locally.

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe a DYI cable will not cost $40 and somebody or @gitup will show some solution. But the first thing needed is the 10 pins MiniUSB connector which is not so easy to buy locally.

enjoy,
Mtz
that's why we have teh interwebz. mouser comes to mind as a potential source.

Back