Gitup 2 Lens Change

Caghan

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Hey just crashed the quad and the lens got a micro scratch. nothing serious at all but i wanted to know what the options are on replacing the lens. anyone know where i can find spares?

Gitup might also sell you their 90 degree narrow FOV lens to make it easier to see what you are about to hit!

The lens just unscrew from the M12 thread that hold it, but it will be secured with some form of glue, but this is the same on gopros and dashcams, there is videos on youtube on how to deal with that issue.

There is sites on the net that sell replacement lenses for gopro and the like, but be advised they can get allmighty expensive and cost way more than 2 new gitup cameras.

Hey just crashed the quad and the lens got a micro scratch. nothing serious at all but i wanted to know what the options are on replacing the lens. anyone know where i can find spares?
Do you know how to adjust the focus, if yes, you can just buy the lens, if not, better to buy the lens with sensor board, it will cost more if buy the sensor board together.
If you want to buy one, please drop a PM to me.

Do you know how to adjust the focus, if yes, you can just buy the lens, if not, better to buy the lens with sensor board, it will cost more if buy the sensor board together.
If you want to buy one, please drop a PM to me.
you are awesome! thank you very much for the help!!! ill pm you when I'm in need

some secure the lens with teflon tape but I don t know if it is as good .
Does there is more than 2 lens option???

some secure the lens with teflon tape but I don t know if it is as good .
Does there is more than 2 lens option???
Better use hot plastic glue (silicone). Teflon tape will not be secure enough, also avoid superglue at all cost, it has vapors that will glaze the lens.

Better use hot plastic glue (silicone). Teflon tape will not be secure enough, also avoid superglue at all cost, it has vapors that will glaze the lens.

Did you create a video / instructions on how to replace the lens/sensor board? I might like to try the 90 degree lens?

Did you create a video / instructions on how to replace the lens/sensor board? I might like to try the 90 degree lens?
It's in final editing, almost done, it may me possible that I post it later today or tomorrow.

Any possibility for a lens replacement that has a larger aperature than f/2.8 (maybe f/2.0)? It would help a lot for low light!

Question about the 90 FOV lens.

Is that a factory unit with the sensor and lens, pre (or fixed) focus from factory, locked in place by glue ?

So installing it is just a matter of picking the gitup2 apart replacing the part and putting it back together ?

Why are there no units from factory with this narrow lens or is the demand (market) just to small for that ?

Question about the 90 FOV lens.

Is that a factory unit with the sensor and lens, pre (or fixed) focus from factory, locked in place by glue ?

So installing it is just a matter of picking the gitup2 apart replacing the part and putting it back together ?

Why are there no units from factory with this narrow lens or is the demand (market) just to small for that ?

There are two options, only the lens, or lens + sensor, already focused and glued. Chances are if there is enough demand that we may see a Git2+90 degree option, but it probably will also be more expensive as the newer lens glass-work is not so cheap.

Yeah I understand that, but it would be nice if there where at least a limited (small) amount of units that had the narrow FOV lens for people who want it, on the other hand, it did check out a video and replacing the lens + sensor (as one unit) was not that hard. That is OK I guess and nice that they have that lens as a option.

Otherwise it would just be wide angle and nothing you could do about it.

But perhaps demand for that narrow lens is almost zero ? How would I know.

Anyway, I am ordering my gitup2 soon. Such a great camera.

Currently we sell 2 version 90 degree lens, focus length is different.
We will list the new 4.35mm version on the website soon.
We will sell the lens, lens with sensor board, and camera with new lens.

I've spotted the new 4.35mm lens on the store this morning. Are there any video samples that show performance? Considering one of the extra lenses with my order. Thanks!

The sample recorded with the 4.35mm lens.

Thanks! The footage looks great. I'd definitely like my camera to come fitted with this lense, will place an order when that is possible :)

Back