gitup

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
GIT1, GIT2
App and FW update appear to be working fine on G3

Can be possible to connect the APP to the user Facebook account and in this way to create a Live posting on Facebook?

I know there is a problem with connecting to internet when the smartphone is connected to the camera via Wi-Fi and is not so easy to set in smartphone a setting to use Mobile Data when connected to Wi-Fi because this setting name is different from smartphone to smartphone. Also I can not connect to my smartphone to GitUp F1 SSID and use Mobile Data for internet.

Another solution for wireless connection could be Wi-Fi Direct (P2P)? Right now I can connect to Wi-Fi Direct using smartphone menu setting with GitUp F1, but with the GitUp-xx-AMBA I can not connect even I am entering the 1234567890 default password.

enjoy,
Mtz

Does anybody how to use the new menu choice for power source? What if I keep it on battery, can I still use external power and will it work? Don't see need for this choice.

Does anybody how to use the new menu choice for power source? What if I keep it on battery, can I still use external power and will it work? Don't see need for this choice.
There are 4 options for 'Ext Pwr' which take effect when the F1 is off and you plug it into a USB power source:
Charge - this simply charges the F1
Pwr On - turns F1 on, waits in standby (and charging)
Dash Cam - turns on and starts recording immediately. Stops the recording and turns off the F1 immediately when external power is switched off.
Record - turns on and starts recording immediately. Continues recording using the internal battery when external power is switched off. We think it 'should' stop recording and turn off after a period of time defined by the auto off setting (as the GitUp G3 does), but at the moment it keeps recording and needs to be turned off manually. A future firmware update may fix this.

The F1 can be used on external power only without the battery, but it will not save the last file being recorded when the power is turned off.

Last edited:
There are 4 options for 'Ext Pwr' which take effect when the F1 is off and you plug it into a USB power source:
Charge - this simply charges the F1
Pwr On - turns F1 on, waits in standby (and charging)
Dash Cam - turns on and starts recording immediately. Stops the recording and turns off the F1 immediately when external power is switched off.
Record - turns on and starts recording immediately. Continues recording using the internal battery when external power is switched off. We think it 'should' stop recording and turn off after a period of time defined by the auto off setting (as the GitUp G3 does), but at the moment it keeps recording and needs to be turned off manually. A future firmware update may fix this.

The F1 can be used on external power only without the battery, but it will not save the last file being recorded when the power is turned off.
I'm not sure I was clear. I am using only the Git2P with latest firmware, no F1.
I used to just run the optional power/ mic cord to a power source and it would keep camera charged while recording on motorcycle. What setting do I use to keep doing that? There are now 4 choices.

I'm not sure I was clear. I am using only the Git2P with latest firmware, no F1.
I used to just run the optional power/ mic cord to a power source and it would keep camera charged while recording on motorcycle. What setting do I use to keep doing that? There are now 4 choices.
Sorry, I should have noticed that this is a Git2 thread. I don't have that camera.

new version of iOS app have problem with reading photos from cam. If you want see thumbnails or download photos. Cam will freeze and only way to reset is to disconnect battery. In another word app is not working! I have latest iOS 11.2 latest git2 cam fw 1.7.4 and latest iOS app from yesterday. Btw this was not working before with new app and old fw from summer so I think app is problem not fw of cam.

@gitup will work for sure also for iOS APP.

enjoy,
Mtz

Workaround untill bug fix is to turn off the gyro ! Everything will working btw app is now faster :)

Is it possible to make a milder form of gyro stabilization for the Git2P with 90 deg lens, so that the loss of FOV when gyro stabilization is turned on is lesser?
When gyro stabilization is enabled in the latest, the FOV is reduced quite a lot, to 70 degrees or so. I would like the loss to be maybe 5 or 10 degrees.

it needs to crop the picture to work, if you minimised the amount of crop you would also minimise the effectiveness of the stabilisation

Is it possible to make a milder form of gyro stabilization for the Git2P with 90 deg lens, so that the loss of FOV when gyro stabilization is turned on is lesser?
When gyro stabilization is enabled in the latest, the FOV is reduced quite a lot, to 70 degrees or so. I would like the loss to be maybe 5 or 10 degrees.
A 5 degrees loss wouldn't work well with a 90 degree lens, the narrower lens mean that small movements have a bigger effect so you need more FOV loss than for the standard wide lens and a 10 degrees loss is normal for a wide lens.

I'd like to see a milder form of stabilization as I'm using it in combination with a gimbal so most of the shakes are corrected by the gimbal and the gyro stabilization corrects the small jitter.

Is it possible to use a file format that supports direct transfer to ios devices from the sd card reader?
This would need a slightly altered file structure and the 8.3 naming convention.
Thanks.

Is it possible to use a file format that supports direct transfer to ios devices from the sd card reader?
This would need a slightly altered file structure and the 8.3 naming convention.
Thanks.

there are 3rd party card readers for iOS devices that can access the files without having to rename them

there are 3rd party card readers for iOS devices that can access the files without having to rename them
Yes. But I bought the apple version. Especially because I was hoping to get best functionality. Also third party solutions might be non functional after ios updates. Therefore I would need an option to choosemthe standardised file and naming structure used by apple.

Yes. But I bought the apple version. Especially because I was hoping to get best functionality.

then you didn't research your purchase very well unfortunately

Also third party solutions might be non functional after ios updates.

that would be true of unauthorised devices of which there are plenty, you can however buy MFi certified readers that do read other file systems that aren't as restrictive as the way Apple like to do things

then you didn't research your purchase very well unfortunately

that would be true of unauthorised devices of which there are plenty, you can however buy MFi certified readers that do read other file systems that aren't as restrictive as the way Apple like to do things
Hmm I did research again but I am not sure if third party adapters really do the job I want them to do. I need them to be able to save mp4 from gitup g3 to be saved on the picture/ video folder on the ipad to enable editing with imovie on the ipad.
Third party solutions I found seem to save videos on the card reader app. Not on ios picture/ video stream.
They seem to be limited to pictures.

Do you know of a device doing the job?
Thanks.

I don't use an iPad sorry, can't give you specific information, there has been a lot of posts about these devices previously though so maybe some more information about them from some other users

Back