GitUp F1 - 4mm F1.2 lens

The F1 capacitor version will come with a F1.8 narrow FOV lens.
According to our testing before, it is very hard to get good focus for F1.2, F1.3 wide FOV lens, especially for the edge focus. The defective rate is very high.

Also we developed a totally new lens, not a common lens for action camera, I wish we can share something for this before Chinese new year.
The problem with the focus on an F1.2 4mm lens for a 1/2.5" 16:9 sensor is that even with perfect focus to infinity, the closest point in focus will be at 1.3 meters which is OK for a dashcam, but needs a long selfie stick if you use it as an action camera, and the people in the selfie will look a bit small! I think an F1.8 is about the limit for a general purpose action camera, anything smaller should be a choice, and even at F1.8 you need almost perfect focus which I guess is the reason most action cameras use an F2.8 - it is easier to focus and there will be less complaints. With a narrower field of view lens this will get worse, so the narrow F1.8 lens must be an option for people who know that they don't need close focus.

F1.2 = 1.30 m to ∞
F1.8 = 0.90 m to ∞
F2.8 = 0.60 m to ∞

Last edited:
This is a video of myself adjusting the focus with the F1.2 4mm lens on the F1 this morning, using the live view app preview on my 5" phone screen. In the end it's a bit soft close-up, but better than I managed earlier this week. I'm probably turning the edge of the lens no more than +/- 1mm.

I've resized the 4K original video to 1080p for convenience.

I think I managed to get the F1 focused fairly well this morning (see above), so here's a 3min clip from my usual drive to work. Edge-to-edge sharpness seems OK. There's still the vignetting in the corners.

ZSeQLNI.jpg

daq3GcG.jpg

mRKbe5n.jpg

pgfj7RT.jpg

I notice it's gone a bit soft at long distance, despite not touching it since refocusing it a few minutes earlier....

If I can keep the lens in focus, I'll take a night video later.

Last edited:
According to our testing before, it is very hard to get good focus for F1.2, F1.3 wide FOV lens, especially for the edge focus. The defective rate is very high.

Also we developed a totally new lens, not a common lens for action camera, I wish we can share something for this before Chinese new year.
Will this new lens be available for existing F1?

Not yet, it will come with the capacitor version.

Can I change my standard F1 (160 version with battery) to:

1) Capacitor version?
2) Better lens for night use? I have F1.2 lens but maybe your F1.8 lens is better for night?

Available separately yet? Price? How to order?

Any news about this specific lens? Available yet? Price? How to order?

The F1.8 lens on the F1C is the new lens that GitUp was talking about. It is also the same lens used on the A129 Pro.

I have not seen the F1.8 lens available to buy separately.

I will try to get some night footage with the F1C to compare with the regular F1. I've not been using either of them lately since I'm busy testing a couple of Mobius Maxi, but I can free up some space on the windscreen.

The F1.8 lens on the F1C is the new lens that GitUp was talking about. It is also the same lens used on the A129 Pro.

I have not seen the F1.8 lens available to buy separately.

I will try to get some night footage with the F1C to compare with the regular F1. I've not been using either of them lately since I'm busy testing a couple of Mobius Maxi, but I can free up some space on the windscreen.

Didn't they say here somewhere that it would be available seperately??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 52
TonyM F1 35
TonyM F1 6
Back