1440P HD video: 2560 x 14440P; 60/30fps
1080P HD video: 1920 × 1080P; 120/60/30fps
720P HD video: 1280 × 720P; 240/120fps

Storage MicroSD memory card with a Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required
Up to 128GB capacity supported

AOV 160 degree, abit too wide for my taste

Anyone?

Last edited:
You missed out electronic image stabilisation, and it supports loop recording. Some will say they prefer a capacitor to the li-ion battery. Not sure if it can auto-start on power input.

You missed out electronic image stabilisation, and it supports loop recording. Some will say they prefer a capacitor to the li-ion battery. Not sure if it can auto-start on power input.

thanks, I read that of course, forgot to mention.... corrected.

Well, it starts when pushing the power button, so I guessed it would do the same when applying power to USB.... needs a check at GitUp. Be back soon...

If a camera is made by GitUp I expect to have car dvr features. But if @gitup consider that in car is too much heat for a 4K camera then maybe they will remove this option. I consider heat to be the biggest problem of a 4K dashcam.

enjoy,
Mtz

If a camera is made by GitUp I expect to have car dvr features. But if @gitup consider that in car is too much heat for a 4K camera then maybe they will remove this option. I consider heat to be the biggest problem of a 4K dashcam.

enjoy,
Mtz

yeah I know, but I would use only 1080p/60 or maybe 2.5k, but never 4k, due to space, heat and overkill for the function.....they could disable 4k for dash cam use only...?

yeah I know, but I would use only 1080p/60 or maybe 2.5k, but never 4k, due to space, heat and overkill for the function.....they could disable 4k for dash cam use only...?
You might change your mind when you see the 4K video where you can read car plates at twice the normal distance! Also, at that distance they are only moving across the image at half the speed so have half the motion blur.

Gitup has posted that he has tested it in his car as a dashcam, didn't give us the test results though!

Then, why to buy an action camera to use it as dashcam? There are Viofo dashcams which can record as you want.

enjoy,
Mtz

Don't like Viofo's A119 shape so much ..... but I dó believe it to be a GOOD one.... :cool:

There is an option in system setting to choose to power on the camera or start recording while charger connected.

Also support quick capture feature, press the shutter button to power on the camera and start recording immediately.

Will be interesting to see with that sensor used for sure, had it been with one of the other popular sensors i would have to say no on the grounds a dedicated dashcam with 1080p sensor would be a better option for dashcam.
But i am very exited to see what this camera can do in any kind of use.

If 2k resolution is clear enough to capture plate for dashcam,why need to rush into 4k resolution so quickly with possible heat problem?

@gitup :

are all files ALWAYS stored in one and the same directory / map? Or does it create a new directory for each date / event / ride / flight?

You might change your mind when you see the 4K video where you can read car plates at twice the normal distance!
Sounds good, but I don't have a 4k screen to view it on.

Last edited:
Gitup commented on rcgroups that a 90degree version will be available - like the original Mobius A-lens. Too narrow??

It also seems to have a built-in lens protector that can be removed and replaced with a CPL. Nice linked up thinking about action and dash cam functions.

A 90 degree F1 would really appeal to me. Cool!

I was tempted to pre-order, however I learned from the Mobius 2 that being an early-adopter doesn't always pay off.

90 degrees are fine for me, both for dash and action use

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 113
D F1 17
Back