GitUp F1: any good for dash cam use?

We are still evaluating if we can put a capacitor on F1.
Possible two power version like Mobius 2 ? One battery and one backup capacitor ? User can switch itself when different application.

maybe the F1 will be able to accept third party lenses too?

I certainly hope they (F1) will accept 3rd party lenses and get a Super Capacitor in them, that would probably get me to change my mind about them. It's one thing for the RC guys to have one of those type batteries in a plane flying around high up and totally another thing to have one in the car/truck with you, a few inches from your face :cautious:, especially in a hot car/windshield:eek:! Not a position I am going to put myself into are anyone else with common sense :D:cool:.

Not to mention what would those type batteries do in case of (God Forbid) a front end collision:oops:, Label says "Don't attempt to disassemble or keep in Hot places", some wrecks have been known to disassemble and cause high temperatures :rolleyes::(!

Last edited:
The F1 have the same screw in mount for the lens as all dash and action cameras, so in that regard you can screw in just about anything.

As to who make the lenses its hard to tell, often there are no brand names on the lens itself, and there are a whole host of companies making lenses, from the most measly plastic lenses to high precession lenses made to the highest tolerances.
I think most dash and action cameras source something in between, its only Sony i have seen put a name on their lenses used, and when it is Carl Zeiss you should not hide that fact.

What is the actual date F1 will be available? Banggood just changed status back to Preorder from October 16 2017 shipping date to stock set due to arrive October 31?

What is the actual date F1 will be available? Banggood just changed status back to Preorder from October 16 2017 shipping date to stock set due to arrive October 31?
@gitup told me it ships this week.

Thanks for the info.
I preordered F1 from Banggood in September and shipping date was postponed couple of times first to October 16 and now it shows October 31.
I hope that it ships this month then as Banggood shipping can easily take well over 4 weeks.

Last edited:
F1 have nice recordings. But I observed that the camera needs to not be moved too much, but this is not a problem when mounted as a dashcam.
Having just 1.2-1.5 hours on a 32GB is like making the dashcam just a blackbox which will save only the events and maybe latest 1-2-3 current videos. If the user is choosing 3 minutes loop videos then the camera should always reserve at least 5GB for loop videos if other space will be full with event files.

enjoy,
Mtz

I look forward to a full review of this camera!

Here you can see the F1 disassembled.

enjoy,
Mtz
I like this image, shows how big it really isn't:

6a0786629941793.jpg

Possible two power version like Mobius 2 ? One battery and one backup capacitor ? User can switch itself when different application.
The early batch is not compatible with capacitor version, require to update the hardware.
We are working on the capacitor version, easy to replace to battery for capacitor.

The early batch is not compatible with capacitor version, require to update the hardware.
We are working on the capacitor version, easy to replace to battery for capacitor.
That's great, I'll really be looking forward to the Capacitor model.

Can the F1 be used as a dedicated dash cam at 4K, or will it automatically shutdown after a preset time period?

It have the dashcam main functions like Loop Mode and Start Recording when connected to power source (5V):

GitUp F1 loop mode.jpg GitUp F1 external power.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

OCD Tronic will have the F1 on Amazon soon. (about a week away if all goes smoothly)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 113
D F1 17
Back