GitUp F1: any good for dash cam use?

It would seem that way, but, when at +0 it may still be slightly brighter than Maxi ... I've always liked the Ambarella camera's...
Not sure that brighter is always good, in this case the it has resulted in motion blur and the A129 Pro is the clear winner of the three for readability on the smaller writing, seems to have won day and night. But of course it does depend on what you are wanting from the camera, the A129 is set up as a dashcam where readability is important while the F1C is primarily an action camera and does a much better job of bright skies.

Have you looked at firmware for the F1C? Shadows are rather dark in the current version.
I modify the firmware of the gadgets that I have available.
GitUp has a very high potential, it is only necessary to reveal it.
Viofo is also very good, but GitUp, in my opinion, is much more interesting:
4.jpg 5.jpg
It can also be used not only as an auto-recorder.

Last edited:
F1C requires external power to record - it will not record if you insert a battery. It can be used outside the car, but needs a portable power supply.

F1C requires external power to record
As well as any device with an ionistor...)
But at the same time it is also a full-fledged high-quality action camera with FPV.
Nothing prevents anyone from choosing an analogue with a battery who needs it...
6.jpg

It's a close race between the F1C and the A129Pro. Overall I think the A129Pro is better for now, especially at night, but with a little tweaking the F1C might get right up there with it.

I am wondering about the differences in the exposure settings between these- is the main difference between the processors the range which each exposure step takes? And could those be adjusted to give smaller steps in order to get a more perfect result?

Either way this is cam performance undreamed of even just a couple years ago- both cams are outstanding (y)

Phil

It's a close race between the F1C and the A129Pro. Overall I think the A129Pro is better for now, especially at night, but with a little tweaking the F1C might get right up there with it.

I am wondering about the differences in the exposure settings between these- is the main difference between the processors the range which each exposure step takes? And could those be adjusted to give smaller steps in order to get a more perfect result?

Either way this is cam performance undreamed of even just a couple years ago- both cams are outstanding (y)

Phil
The A129Pro tends to overexpose skies long before the F1C does, but it also manages shorter exposure times, thus less motion blur, and brighter shadows, so I think it must have the ISO turned right up and is making full use of the dynamic range of the sensor, while the F1C is going for image quality and using a more sensible ISO, the result is that the A129 Pro is optimised for dashcam use, capturing evidence, while the F1C is optimised more for model aircraft use and producing nice movies. A129 Pro images are sometimes a bit noisy compared to the F1C, but it wins as a dashcam.

Yes, both cameras are outstanding compared to even the standard A129 (1080 version) from just last year! Can't wait for next years A129 update...

It's worth bearing in mind that the F1C is half the price of the A129 Pro (single channel), so if you want 4K on a budget and don't need parking modes, then the F1C is an attractive option.

It's worth bearing in mind that the F1C is half the price of the A129 Pro (single channel), so if you want 4K on a budget and don't need parking modes, then the F1C is an attractive option.
It is also a good choice for the rear if you want 4K front and back.
I don't think we will be getting a dual 4K+4K camera for ages, for most people 1080 rear is enough, and an A129 Pro is a bit big for a rear camera.

It is also a good choice for the rear if you want 4K front and back.
I don't think we will be getting a dual 4K+4K camera for ages, for most people 1080 rear is enough, and an A129 Pro is a bit big for a rear camera.
That's how I plan to use the F1C - as a 4K rear camera. The profile is even smaller than the A129 rear camera.
1570791869741.png
1570791895855.png

Guys, what a lot of usefull info here! Seems to me it's still a race between F1C and Maxi for me...

OK, here is another thing to consider, I need to mount it to the side of my helmet, so, a 90 degree rotated (or rotatrable) lens would be greatly appreciated. They both don't have that, do they?

Do I need to buy me a Drift Cam after all???

Remote wired cameras i think will drop substantially in size soon, the remote cameras SG / viofo ASO have used so far are much larger than they need to be, and really going smaller make it more easy to go creative with use as side cameras or other creative angles.
I am also eager to see what the A 139 will be like.

thanks, looks great, but I was actually trying to find out about 90 degree roated / rotatable lens for Maxi or F1C...

Guys, what a lot of usefull info here! Seems to me it's still a race between F1C and Maxi for me...

OK, here is another thing to consider, I need to mount it to the side of my helmet, so, a 90 degree rotated (or rotatrable) lens would be greatly appreciated. They both don't have that, do they?

Do I need to buy me a Drift Cam after all???
Don't think that would be possible on the F1, it is not the lens that needs rotating, that is round anyway, but the sensor, and that would not attach to the chassis if rotated. Don't know about the Maxi.

Not sure it needs rotating anyway, you just need a right angle mounting bracket....

The original Mobius 1 was (is?) available with a sensor that was rotated 90deg relative to the lens holder. That let you record 'landscape' video with the camera on its side.

The Maxi only has mirror and/or rotate 180deg options, as far as I can remember. We talked about a 90deg rotated option but I don't think it was ever made.

It would be interesting if GitUp could take the Starvis IMX291 from the A119S, or the IMX335 from the A119V3, and put it inside the compact body of the F1C.

Check the description:

"Basic Specifications:

90 degree rotated lens A2 module for Mobius 1 ActionCam, Lens Module only (you can set the camera to 90 degree rotated image through GUI/mSetup)"

I didn't find that option on my Mobius, or does it only show up when installing this module?

I did find this from eletoponline365:

But it's A2 lens, I have no idea how that one performs at night, I don't think too good....
The sensor is rotated 90deg within the module compared to normal modules. You can swap that lens just like a regular Mobius.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 113
D F1 17
Back