GitUp F1: any good for dash cam use?

I thought you had a shorter F1.2 lens than 4mm?

I have a short F1.4 (2.8 I believe, really nice lens), could try that sometime of course, but the F1.2 I have here is really 4mm.

I have several M12 lenses:

F1.8 with a special day/night coating. Nice lens, needed an IR filter.

F1.4, on the Mobius 1 ("Body cam")

F1.2 long 4mm lens. Tested with several cams, JooVuu X, Mobius 1, and now on the Viofo A119S.

I have uploaded my clip from last night's F1 ride, from other footage I have seen, this is just appoaling, well, that's what I think.

(Might need some processing time to set to 4k.... )
Any thoughts? Should I change anything in the settings?

A few things still hanging:

Why can't I change QUALITY SETTINGS (Normal/Fine/Superfine)?
There is TV out as well I believe?

Remember that the F1 has a 1/2.5" sensor which is larger than the 1/3" sensor in the Mobius 1, and the 1/2.8" sensor in the A119S. Your 2.6mm lens is only good up to 1/2.7".

A quick look online shows both the 2.8mm F1.4 and the 4mm F1.2 are suitable for up to 1/2.5" sensors. However, the 2.8mm is rated at 6MP, whereas the 4mm is only rated at 3MP. I would suggest that you try the 2.8mm lens first.

Remember that the F1 has a 1/2.5" sensor which is larger than the 1/3" sensor in the Mobius 1, and the 1/2.8" sensor in the A119S. Your 2.6mm lens is only good up to 1/2.7".

A quick look online shows both the 2.8mm F1.4 and the 4mm F1.2 are suitable for up to 1/2.5" sensors. However, the 2.8mm is rated at 6MP, whereas the 4mm is only rated at 3MP. I would suggest that you try the 2.8mm lens first.

you mean the 2.6mm?

F1.8 with a special day/night coating. Nice lens, needed an IR filter.

you mean the 2.6mm?
No, that's only suitable for a 1/2.7" sensor, so you will get vignetting on the 1/2.5" (larger) sensor of the F1.

I have uploaded my clip from last night's F1 ride, from other footage I have seen, this is just appoaling, well, that's what I think.

exact same recording with Joovuu X @ 1080p/30 (yeah, still works....), not in HDR mode....:

and yes the F1 is brighter, but also noisier. Maybe a little too saturated?

No, that's only suitable for a 1/2.7" sensor, so you will get vignetting on the 1/2.5" (larger) sensor of the F1.

Oh right, you mean the F1.4.... OK, keep that in mind...

OK, here's an F1 video in 1080p/30, I just gotta say it guys, this quality is really shockingly bad, far from what I've seen around for this camera in the night times. Why does my F1 produce so much more noise and grain than in other night recordings from other users with this camera??

What am I doing wrong??

My Mobiï, Joovuu and even the 30 euro Dolphin do better....??

was showing as set to private, working now though

yeah I should tuck in by now.... 55+ should be in bed by this time... :LOL:

what's wrong with my F1 video's? I can't believe this quality is normal... I've seen much better recordings from this camera.

I've got the same ride recorded with 2 Mobius, and the Joovuu as well, and theyé significantly better.

Also took the Mobius mini, but that one was set to 60 fps, and that';s never gonna work in the dark with the little one....

The Dolphin is drastically dropping frames, so we won't count that one...

IMG_20191205_210601295.jpg

looks as expected

Then why are there way better video's around from other users with this same camera? Or am I overlooking something?

I did find a few equally bad ones as well, so maybe there's a f/w thingie causing this?

drive in the city and you should see similar results, you're driving on roads with very limited lighting

Yeah that might be it, but this one also drives in city and has poor quality....

I should have taken the F1C, like TonyM and Sawmaster advised back in october....

I recall a special FW version for the Foxeer Legend 2 a few years back, also gave similar results, brighter, but very grainy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 113
D F1 17
Back