GitUp F1 timelapse for dashcam use

• Thread starter Deleted member 37895
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 37895

Hello, I just bought a Git2P with the 90mm lens and the camera has blown me away. It works every time and doesn't lose video like my Mobius cameras, and the sharpness at 2560x1440 makes many license plates readable. Now I'm looking at replacing my Garmin side and rear cameras with GitUp F1 units as they're small and should be discreet, but only if they support 5fps timelapse in dashcam mode like the Git2P does. Will it work?

Why do you want 5fps timelapse rather than actual video at 30fps? If you are particularly interested in plate capture I'm sure you will miss many with such long intervals between each frame.

With its 170deg lens the F1 is not ideal for number plate capture. GitUp are working on a 90deg lens version which should be better for this application.

I can't remember the full camera options relating to timelapse video right now. I don't think you can have file looping with timelapse video. Does that matter to you?

So I can leave them running all the time if I want to and still have over a day's storage, or with driving only still be able to go back a couple weeks. With 5fps timelapse you can boost the video quality too and the bitrate impact is negligible. I don't care about file looping or small chunks as long as the camera is reliable and doesn't lose video (like Mobius)

As far as the angles, I think a wide angle is good for the side cameras. For the front I'll use my Garmin 45 for sound recording and 30fps, and maybe the Git2P 90 in the rear also doing timelapse

Last edited by a moderator:
Current options for time lapse are, 1 frame every sec, 1 frame every 2 sec, every 3 sec, every 5 sec, every 10 sec, every 30 sec, every 60 sec.
Nothing below 1 FPS on current firmware.

I think a wide angle is good for the side cameras. For the front I'll use my Garmin 45 for sound recording and 30fps, and maybe the Git2P 90 in the rear also doing timelapse
Seems like a good plan to have at least one camera recording sound and video at 30fps, then have the other cameras running timelapse for longer durations.

Current options for time lapse are, 1 frame every sec, 1 frame every 2 sec, every 3 sec, every 5 sec, every 10 sec, every 30 sec, every 60 sec.

Thanks, that's a bummer!

I assume that the SLOWMO mode would do what is required? Never actually used it though, and yes LOOPING is an alternative that can't be combined, the Git2 / G3 settings do seem better.

I assume that the SLOWMO mode would do what is required? Never actually used it though, and yes LOOPING is an alternative that can't be combined, the Git2 / G3 settings do seem better.

On the Git2P timelapse mode has a 200ms option, plus 1 second, etc. Slow motion is higher framerate

I'm going to post this in the GIT2 board also but here's a 5fps timelapse

That's low video quality, high sharpening. The resulting bitrate in real time is 3.3mbps!

In low light conditions is very possible that Git2P to have better image than F1 so take care to not be dissapointed regarding this.

enjoy,
Mtz

I assume that the SLOWMO mode would do what is required?
Tried it, it records at a faster frame rate, eg 240fps, and plays back at 30fps, so not what is required.

Since they read these forums maybe they'll add 5fps timelapse

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 113
TonyM F1 0
Back