Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
This is a short comparison between the following:
- GitUp F1 160deg original lens, 4k 30fps, 71.3Mbps
- Mobius 1 (Lens D 130deg, lens colour profile 'B'), 1080p 30fps, 17.7Mbps
The comparison video is encoded at 1080p30

I was surprised that the two videos look so close in terms of exposure and colour balance, coming from completely different sensor and DSP manufacturers.

Original file on MEGA

Last edited:
Mobius quality for what it is still impresses doesn't it. I look around every so often for a replacement for my mobius, seems its not really worth the expense for PQ alone.

I wonder if they'll ever make another camera after the M2 debacle.

Mobius quality for what it is still impresses doesn't it. I look around every so often for a replacement for my mobius, seems its not really worth the expense for PQ alone.

I wonder if they'll ever make another camera after the M2 debacle.
They are working on at least one new camera, probably more ;)

When you get knocked down, you dust yourself off and get back in the game.
I am still unsure on the F1 in regard to dashcam use, but for action it seem to do okay.
Mobius should probably do one or the other as both Action and dashcams have come further and so it get harder and harder to make a camera that can do both things really well.

Thats what i would do, focus 100% on making a camera for 1 thing, and if it cant do the other thing so be it at least it do the 1 thing well.

Mobius should probably do one or the other as both Action and dashcams have come further and so it get harder and harder to make a camera that can do both things really well.

Thats what i would do, focus 100% on making a camera for 1 thing, and if it cant do the other thing so be it at least it do the 1 thing well.

Yes, I agree that it is hard to make a camera that is good for both action and dashcam purposes. The Mobius 1 was primarily an action camera, yet it also performed fairly well as a dashcam despite lacking some of the features we have become accustomed to in our dashcams.

I posted the same comparison video in the GitUp F1 thread on rcgroups.com and it has sparked a polarised discussion, with some people liking the higher specification of the F1 and others who much prefer the look of the video from the Mobius.

If Mobius can do a good job like they did on the mobius 1 then I think they could have a very good product - I agree that a dedicated dashcam would be great. I'd certainly be looking closely if they released one.

As it is, for the moment it makes me even more undecided about upgrading the mobius to a newer dashcam - I'm not particularly interested in GPS/parking modes but would like better PQ.. as it is just moving to 4K doesn't appear to provide that from various samples.

I'm not aware of Mobius working on a dedicated dashcam, although I will ask them if they have any plans to make one.

At that time Mobius 1 was juat missing the Wi-Fi and a dedicated App to became a the famous camera except GoPro.

enjoy,
Mtz

I'm not aware of Mobius working on a dedicated dashcam, although I will ask them if they have any plans to make one.
Their next camera will be aimed at both action and dashcam use

This is a short comparison between the following:
- GitUp F1 160deg original lens, 4k 30fps, 71.3Mbps
- Mobius 1 (Lens D 130deg, lens colour profile 'B'), 1080p 30fps, 17.7Mbps
The comparison video is encoded at 1080p30

I was surprised that the two videos look so close in terms of exposure and colour balance, coming from completely different sensor and DSP manufacturers.

I will add a night video comparison later.

Original file on MEGA

SNQoNfK.jpg

s4mVyLr.jpg

1JYuz3V.jpg
Hi TonyM, I noticed you did the comparison here back in March, but the files for the video and youtube are unavailable, can you re-post it by any chance. thank you and have a nice night

The video in the original post is now restored

Back