GitUp F1C - 4K F1.8 130° FOV

The F1C can use the battery, but can not connect the external charger together, it may damage the battery.
Since you have made the capacitor exactly the same size as the battery, it is not surprising that users will try inserting the battery into the F1C, as shown in the very first unboxing video that will be seen by many potential customers.

Last edited:
The F1C can use the battery, but can not connect the external charger together, it may damage the battery.

Since you have made the capacitor exactly the same size as the battery, it is not surprising that users will try inserting the battery into the F1C, as shown in the very first unboxing video that will be seen by many potential customers.

There are many products on the market that disconnect an internal battery when an external power source is plugged in (such as portable radios), however these devices are not generally powered by USB. I wonder if something similar could be done with the battery module of the F1C. The challenge would be to engineer something that will work with the battery module but not disconnect from the super-capacitor module.

Last edited:

Don't mean to harp but even after taking over a year, you've left or actually created a flaw that could cause damage. If the F1C is not meant to be cross compatible with the battery, solder the capacitors to the board like your dash cams.

Also since this is more of a dash cam, why isn't a mount included?

Q - Do the two battery based models work with the capacitors?

And, why block cross compatibility?

Q - Do the two battery based models work with the capacitors?
My guess is that the capacitor is 5V and will blow up the battery model, while the capacitor version can manage with both the 5V capacitor and 3.7V battery but will charge the battery at 5V causing a fire :unsure:

Also since this is more of a dash cam, why isn't a mount included?

There's a Camera holder included. You can get a suction screw mount to go with it. Dun cost much. Take it or leave it buddy.

My guess is that the capacitor is 5V and will blow up the battery model, while the capacitor version can manage with both the 5V capacitor and 3.7V battery but will charge the battery at 5V causing a fire :unsure:
SC100 capacitor is labelled as 5.4V
(photos from RCGroups)

a12357479-159-IMG_20190729_002145_SMALL.jpg
a12357481-234-IMG_20190729_002157_small.jpg

SC100 capacitor is labelled as 5.4V
So the capacitor cam needs a label with a big yellow ! saying "5.4V Only".

Presumably, even though it can run on the battery, it will shut down long before the battery is empty, so it doesn't actually work with the battery properly.

My F1C camera arrived this morning. I plan to have some 4K dashcam video to share soon (weather permitting)

There seems to be a trend - lack of foresight.

My F1C camera arrived this morning. I plan to have some 4K dashcam video to share soon (weather permitting)

Thanks Tony. Appreciate your help and looking forward to your videos.

There seems to be a trend - lack of foresight.

Some people may not need the mount, n dun wanna pay for extras. Stop being self entitled.

He's talking about the battery/super-capacitor module issue.

As for including a mount, many people don't want to buy a dash camera only to discover after it arrives that they now need to go looking for a mount to purchase before they can install it.

Some people may not need the mount, n dun wanna pay for extras. Stop being self entitled.

Not talking about the mount. Do you have a problem or are you just hanging off Gitup's nuts?

Not talking about the mount. Do you have a problem or are you just hanging off Gitup's nuts?

You're rude, doesn't help make you look better. Nuts? முட்டாள்

I suspect the lack of a mount is more to do with it not fitting in the tiny box!

Also, which mount would you want? The F1 will fit very nicely on any suction or sticky mount with a tripod thread, or a GoPro mount with tripod adaptor. I think most people buying an F1 would be happy to use their existing options or order the mount separately. Not so true for the F1C, but still, the small box is very nice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 0
J F1 1
Back