GITUP G3 Duo in my hands At Last ! Unboxing and Test

Ferdi

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Today i have received from Gitup my G3 Duo sample with the slave cam included. Soon them send me also the Housing.
For the review plese follow my YT channel if you have interesting. Thank you
Here my unboxing.

If you could fix the english subs, that would be great!

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H960 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Waiting your tests and vids

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk

If you could fix the english subs, that would be great!

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H960 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
yes for sure is "work is in progress", but i think is not hard to understand what is included in the box.

Video go a long way with the international language of eyesight :)
Maybe next time have some more light in the room when you film unboxing.

Nice video, but is it a standard box or a special design box for you. If that the case, then the title is a little misleading and people might think the slave camera and GPS is included.
I though the GPS would be a stand alone unit, with wireless communication. How can you put the camera in a water protection case and get GPS tracking.
What will happen if you get a hard bump strait on the GPS USB interface, any good change of something gonna break.
I think GPS functions should be on any action camera, but a not risk to the camera its self.
If it could be possible to have separated stand alone GPS logger and the camera could merge these data into the video through the usb in the office, it would be much better.

Looking forward to see more video from the camera.

Slave camera and GPS module both sold separately.
Forgot the ship the waterproof case.

For rain protection with GPS, can use the skeleton case which side USB port opened.

For rain protection with GPS, can use the skeleton case which side USB port opened.
I was thinking more on water sport, not scuba diving. It could also be winter sport, where you easily could bump the interface or get snow/water into it.
I could imagine if I only use a rain protection, it would not survive all my use.

I don't know if it would be possible with an external logger, with no open ports on camera. That would be great.

This is not meant to say it's not a good camera, but add to it, so it could be better.

Took this photo today. No its not me. Its was taken at one of the few place on USA east coastline, that not has been developed.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.2300886,-75.1447981,14.73z
IMGP2256.jpg

Last edited:
Some cameras have motocycle case which have external charger cable in the case.
We will listen the feedback after released.
The skeleton case advantage is better audio recording.

Waiting your tests and vids

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk
You, around here too? :eek::D
DCT is definitely the best dash cam/action cam online forum! (y)

This one is my latest Videotest with the G3. Conditions : 1080p 60fps GYRO ON
I'm waiting the Gitup release the next upgrade for more best performances with the Exposure.
Also the GYRO is good, but i think this cam can to do more best.

This one is my latest Videotest with the G3. Conditions : 1080p 60fps GYRO ON
I'm waiting the Gitup release the next upgrade for more best performances with the Exposure.
Also the GYRO is good, but i think this cam can to do more best.
I think you are giving the gyro stabilisation a difficult job! If you move the camera left and right by several cm as you walk then it gets different views depending on its position, it is not possible to fully correct for a smooth video, even a gimbal stabiliser has a problem with that sort of movement.

It is best to hold the selfie stick vertical and keep it near your body, do not hold it with your arm reaching forward or with the selfie stick pointing forward (or at 45 degrees like you did). If you have an extendable selfie stick then it will help to extend it and then hold near the top. Also helps to have a heavy selfie stick, not a very light one.

The exposure looked quite good to me, a bit dark at times but I guess it was dark inside, probably hit the 1/60th second shutter speed limit. I think the HDR could do a better job with the windows, but with the current firmware I think the HDR only improves the dark areas, and it also causes some issues where the dark and light areas overlap so I don't think I would have used it for this type of video. Hopefully Gitup can improve the HDR in future like Viofo are doing with the A119, both are using Novatek chips and SDK.

Nice video :)

I think you are giving the gyro stabilisation a difficult job! If you move the camera left and right by several cm as you walk then it gets different views depending on its position, it is not possible to fully correct for a smooth video, even a gimbal stabiliser has a problem with that sort of movement.

It is best to hold the selfie stick vertical and keep it near your body, do not hold it with your arm reaching forward or with the selfie stick pointing forward (or at 45 degrees like you did). If you have an extendable selfie stick then it will help to extend it and then hold near the top. Also helps to have a heavy selfie stick, not a very light one.

The exposure looked quite good to me, a bit dark at times but I guess it was dark inside, probably hit the 1/60th second shutter speed limit. I think the HDR could do a better job with the windows, but with the current firmware I think the HDR only improves the dark areas, and it also causes some issues where the dark and light areas overlap so I don't think I would have used it for this type of video. Hopefully Gitup can improve the HDR in future like Viofo are doing with the A119, both are using Novatek chips and SDK.

Nice video :)
Thank you for your compliments. But yesterday I had problems with the GPS cable that pulled the cam at times and moved it and that's what you've noticed. I just had to stretch the cable longer, but I did not.

The new firm is here.
many thanks to GitUp. The next days we try it.
The Changelog is:
-Image quality improved
-Auto low light option added.

Before

2i06o8i.jpg

Now

qzi5aa.jpg

i'm guessing there aren't any full proper reviews of the official release camera out there yet?

Funny how cameras come up with so many solutions to a "simple" task ( record what you see )

I am wondering do the SJ6 air and the firefly use the same Panasonic sensor ? they both have the "dirty" look i mentioned in regard to the SJ 6 air

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back