Gitup G3 good buy for a bike handlebar dash cam?

iDash

Reaction score
Country
United States
From my research I believe this may be a good bet as a dash cam camera mounted on my handlebars on my ebike.

What I like about it is that it got good reviews for the gyro stabilization as on the handlebars is very shaky and this may smooth things out a bit. I know you can't get anywhere near as good recordings on the handlebars as you would on a helmet but I don't want to wear a camera and I need something to record as a dash camera.

The camera is also a decent price at $120 and has the dash cam modes so that it will automatically turn on/off when I turn on my electric bike.

It also has a decent GPS attachment which I may use in the future to record my speed.

The camera doesn't have a 4K sensor but I really don't want to record in 4k anyway.

Just wondering if you think there may be a better camera for my application?

Yes, excellent camera for bicycle handlebars, however beware that the stabilisation doesn't work when it is in dual camera mode, only in single camera mode.

It does actually have a 4K sensor, just doesn't record in real 4K, but that does mean you can use some digital zoom to set your preferred field of view without loosing image sharpness.

Here is mine mounted on the handlebars testing stabilisation:

Back