Gitup G3 Photo Thread

The size is 200%

Here is a 100% crop:

And here is how it looks if you switch colors layers:

Is the 2nd image just the top right quarter of the full frame, or is it the full frame?

Can't work out if the street on the right is a steep downhill or if that is somehow created by fisheye :unsure:

That's better, I can see what you are talking about now!

Hi!
I have a lot of chromatic abberation on the still images I take with the G3, a lot more than on a Yi 2K, 4K. I don't know if it's the case for all G3 or if mine is defective:
There is a bit more chromatic aberration than I would like to see, but I think that is probably close to normal, most people use it for video so don't ever see the corners of the 4000x3000 pixel sensor. Looks a little out of focus to me, can't be camera shake since it appears to be on a tripod, and the blue is more out of focus than the red and green, if focus was adjusted a bit towards the blue then it may reduce the visible chromatic aberration a bit and it would look better. The Yi 4K was originally a lot worse than that but I think they changed to a new and much better lens when they released the 4K+, the 4K+ is much better.

You could talk to Gitup support, but don't expect a replacement to remove it completely from the corners of the 4000x3000 photos, it is not as good, or as expensive as a Yi 4K+. You may be able to correct the position of the blue with raw photo software, but not the focus, that needs a lens adjustment.

The Yi 4K was originally a lot worse than that but I think they changed to a new and much better lens when they released the 4K+, the 4K+ is much better.
My comparison is not with the Yi 4K or Yi 4K+, but with the Yi 2K, the old and cheap one !

I did another test and noticed something strange:
There is much less chromatic abberations on a RAW image. And when I switch on the RVB layers it is ok with the raw, but the jpg's blue layer seems larger.
You can try by yourself: www.stemani.fr/public/raw_vs_jpg.zip

It seems like a bug in the internal G3 raw to jpg conversion.

My comparison is not with the Yi 4K or Yi 4K+, but with the Yi 2K, the old and cheap one !

I did another test and noticed something strange:
There is much less chromatic abberations on a RAW image. And when I switch on the RVB layers it is ok with the raw, but the jpg's blue layer seems larger.
You can try by yourself: www.stemani.fr/public/raw_vs_jpg.zip

It seems like a bug in the internal G3 raw to jpg conversion.
It is possible that they have improved the lens and the jpg is still correcting for the chromatic aberration in the old lens, maybe worth a PM to @gitup to get it checked by the developers.

There is much less chromatic abberations on a RAW image.
I guess, it is caused mostly by software and its image processing settings and not so much by lens. Git3 original firmware has very high levels for Blue channel amplification, and in combination with some processing filters it may cause such "glowing" effect. I would suggest checking modded firmware, which uses different settings, to see if this issue still persists.

It looks very nice, so are you happy with this cam ?

Worth to consider is to put on your bike a motorcycle windscreen HONDA CBR 900 RR which has a huge effect on rider's helmet, shoulders and chest. Motorcycle screens HONDA CBR 900 RR will help you with airflow and it help you relieve from fighting with gusts of wind. The simpliest and cheapiest thing that you can quickly change or add to your bike is just motorcycle windscreen HONDA CBR 900 RR which will have massive influance on behavior of your bike for your comfort and it will rise your protection.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back