Preparation for 1080p60 comparison:
GitUp G3 Duo
GitUp F1
Xiaomi Mijia 4K
Mobius 2
xBqFwoz.jpg

7OL8VLe.jpg

Last edited:
I like the way the WP housing are hinged (y)

Looking forward to seeing some footage.

I like the way the WP housing are hinged (y)

Looking forward to seeing some footage.
Yes, it seems like a well designed case.

can it be charged while in the case? (or is that the waterproof case that comes with it?)

can it be charged while in the case? (or is that the waterproof case that comes with it?)
There are two versions of the case, the skeleton version has the panel over the connectors cut out so that it can be powered, use GPS, external microphone, FPV, PWM remote control etc., the waterproof case has the panel intact, but presumably could be drilled and filed out since it is there and clearly marked.

I preferred the rotary latch on the Git2 case, but that covered the connectors so was useless as a skeleton case, Gitup seems to have learned that lesson. Also the buttons are plastic so can't rust in salt water :)

Mine is the waterproof case, with nothing going in or out (except WiFi & BT). I might order a skeleton case as I can see plenty of uses for that.

Got my G3 from Banggood. The package itself seemed intact, the cardboard box inside the package had no signs of impact of any kind.
Everything seemed brand new but the camera has a battery already installed.

Problem is, there's glue in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Besides, the display glass is flush with the trim on the left side of the camera but is slightly above the right trim, plus there's glue in the top right-hand corner of the screen (see pic).
Another thing is, I see n screw heads on my new G3 - instead, the body is glued together. That's unusual.

I'd say GitUp has quality control issues or Banggood might send me a fake G3, but both scenarios seem too stupid to be true.

TonyM - does your G3 look "GitUp impeccable" or is glue inder the screen is now ok for them? :(
P3800463_cr.jpg

Last edited:
Got my G3 from Banggood. The package itself seemed intact, the cardboard box inside the package had no signs on impact of any kind.
Everything seemed brand new but the camera has a battery already installed.

Problem is, there's glue in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Besides, the display glass is flush with the trim on the left side of the camera but is slightly above the right trim, plus there's glue in the top right-hand corner of the screen (see pic).
Another thing is, I see n screw heads on my new G3 - instead, the body is glued together. That's unusual.

I'd say GitUp has quality control issues or Banggood might send me a fake G3, but both scenarios seem to stupid to be true.

TonyM - does your G3 look "GitUp impeccable" or is glue inder the screen is now ok for them? :(
I don't have my G3 here with me at work, but I certainly don't recall any glue under the screen. I think the battery was already in the camera as I don't remember putting it in. I'll have a closer look at the G3 when I get home tonight.

The battery already installed might be due to silly rules for shipping lipo batteries nowadays, there seem to be different rules for some countries, some you cant even ship regular 18650 batteries to.

The battery already installed might be due to silly rules for shipping lipo batteries nowadays, there seem to be different rules for some countries, some you cant even ship regular 18650 batteries to.
I thought that might be why the batteries came already inside the G3 and other stuff I have bought recently.

Ok the battery mystery solved then. I only mentioned that because I thought maybe I got a fake and that could explain the glue and the raised screen glass. My Git2 did not have the battery installed. Will wait and see what Banggood CS says then. But no screws! The camera body is glued - that means to repair it you have to break it apart! Obviously no orange frontface for me. :(

Banggood got back to me asking for a video of the defect and for pictures of whatever stickers there were on the package and on the box of the camera.
It took them just one day! I still remember the days their CS took more than ten days to respond.

Talking about response speed - this new camera is really really quick. Response-wise, Git2 was on par with all other action cams I've seen in my life, but G3 is totally different. The difference between Git2 and G3 is pretty much like between a point-and-shoot camera and an SLR. I touch the screen (e.g. to got to "Settings") - and the Settings screen shows up immediately. Not sure how it's going to change my life :) or if that will make any difference in the way I use the camera but that's really nice. Like, I press the button "Record" and recording starts instantly. I'd never say Git2 was slow to start recording - but G3 is scary fast.

The only gripe right now is the overal look of G3. Granted, If I were to glue that screen sitting on my bed, glue lying on my pillow, I could have probably done an even worse job, but hey I saw Git1 and got myself Git2, and both the cameras looked flawless (in fact, Git2 is still with me and it still looks perfect). It was strange to take a new camera out of the box and to find these dents there (if you look at the picture (closer to the bottom right corner of the photo) you will see that the trim is dented, and that was a brand new camera taken out of undamaged box).

Last edited:
(if you look at the picture (closer to the bottom right corner of the photo) you will see that the trim is dented, and that was a brand new camera taken out of undamaged box).
I think the dent is supposed to be there, it allows the "glass" to be positioned properly when you fit it starting with the bottom left corner and then putting the top right into place. On mine the "glass" is sitting flat, about 0.1mm below the edge of the case all around so that you can put it down on a flat table and the "glass" will not touch the table and get scratched.

I don't know why the glue is there, mine is completely clean, as I would expect from a Gitup camera. I think the case is clipped together rather than glued. I would expect the "glass" to have sticky tape on the back to hold it in place. I would have preferred screws the same as the Git2, but it seems very solidly built so unless I want to disassemble it then it makes no difference.

I'd say GitUp has quality control issues or Banggood might send me a fake G3, but both scenarios seem too stupid to be true.

It is glue coming out, we now improved assemble technology for glue the screen.

I recently purchased the Gitup G3 duo and got bitten by 2 major problems:
1) External Mic Issue: Even whene you connect an external mic to the camera, the camera picks up audio from both Internal & External. So it serves no purpose for motovlogging. Upon further research got to kno that this is a hardware issue and cant be fixed by software updates. Well if this is the problem, then dont GITUP tests their products before releasing. On top of that, they market it also as a USP for this camera. Will we get any fix for this problem? I think i wasted my money on this camera and the external mic i purchased for motovlogging. It would have been better if i would have gone with GoPro which is bit pricey than these but offers noise cancellation and reliability.
Does someone have any picture where we can see from where the Gitup internal mic is picking the audio from, so that we can block it through some tape or something?

2) Andorid APP wifi connectivity: If you connect the camera with the app through wifi, you can only use the camera through the controls available in the app, NOT through the buttons on the camera. The camera hardware buttons will get disabled the moment you connect it to the phone via wifi. This is very bad. If iam riding a bike and my phone is in my pockets and i wanted to start the recording while riding, then i cant do so because the buttons are disabled. I need to stop, take out the phone and then hit the record button on the app to make it work. Any fix for this?

2) Andorid APP wifi connectivity: If you connect the camera with the app through wifi, you can only use the camera through the controls available in the app, NOT through the buttons on the camera. The camera hardware buttons will get disabled the moment you connect it to the phone via wifi. This is very bad. If iam riding a bike and my phone is in my pockets and i wanted to start the recording while riding, then i cant do so because the buttons are disabled. I need to stop, take out the phone and then hit the record button on the app to make it work. Any fix for this?

why would you ride around with it constantly connected to the app?

@jokiin - Well to do motovlogging, i need to connect the app and start recording, after sometime if i wanted to switch off the recording and the camera, i need to do that from the app itself...i cant do that directly by pressing the camera button, which is much more easier to do, while riding bikes.

then how? is there any other method...? i tried hardware buttons but they didnt do anything when connected to app..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back