GitUp Git1 image comparisons with 2016 dashcams

Mtz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro TeleQuad
I will upload here my videos but anybody which have a comparison with a 2016 camera can post here:

Night:

Day:

The snapshots were taken from original videos without any reencode of any of them and the snapshots were saved in PNG format to preserve original quality.

enjoy,
Mtz

So if you want to read a license plate, the best dash cam is an action cam, which also happens to be the cheapest?
But it doesn't have GPS...

For me is very strange that Git1 is very good as dashcam. I was expecting that an action cam to have the firmware tuned in another way compared to a dashcam firmware because recording on the road have other priorities like recording in nature. Maybe the GitUp firmware developer is specialized in dashcams and he used his experience for an action camera. The bad thing for such implementation can be the sky to not be so natural but the biggest win is good performance in low light.

enjoy,
Mtz

I am more than happy with my Git1 as a Dash Cam. I have fitted a 37mm Hoya polarising filter.

I have one in the front and back :)

Last edited:
Nice videos. I think your back cam should be lowered a little and seems that its mount is not so fixed.

enjoy,
Mtz

I can not make it lower as the heater elements are closer and the suction mount does not stick. At the moment it is pretty high up where the heater element has a wide enough space to accommodate the full suction cup and if I lower it then the mount only sticks for a few mins then drops off.

I don't want to use a 3m mount as it would probably damage the heater elements if I tried to remove it,

The vibration is my music sorry not the mount and I have a video where the whole video shakes/wobbles like mad as it would do with 16 speakers turned up a little :)

How is the Git1 do on night view? Is it comparable with a119?

Night time is also very good and please excuse the dirty Windscreen.

Wow, that is very good. I think i might just found my next dashcam. Tx.

I can not make it lower as the heater elements are closer and the suction mount does not stick. At the moment it is pretty high up where the heater element has a wide enough space to accommodate the full suction cup and if I lower it then the mount only sticks for a few mins then drops off.
Not to move the camera down, but just the angle of view to point it a little lower. And be sure all screws from suction mount are tight.

Great night footage. Still using the CPL lens also during night?

enjoy,
Mtz

Will double check screws are tight. Not sure if I had the CPL filter On in that footage and will try get some more footage with CPL as I never remove it now.

Last edited:
On my way home Video using a 37mm HOYA filter and plenty of country scenery.

Last edited:

Please upload more videos in 1080p in Youtube it says that this one is only 720p

Now in 1080P ...not sure what happened with that Upload!

All fixed now and not sure what went wrong as I could only see 380p and 480p and it had been uploaded a few days so the processing would have well finished.

Thanks anyway for your help.

All fixed now and not sure what went wrong as I could only see 380p and 480p and it had been uploaded a few days so the processing would have well finished.

Thanks anyway for your help.
Nice work ljw2k, if you have time please upload some night videos aswell! Lightend highway and more dark places. Daytime video quality is really good, im going to get Git1 or Git2, as an dashcam.. Where did you buy Hoya filter? how much? :) thnx mate!

I don't do much night time driving TBH and if you want to use the Git as a DashCam then I would recommend the Git1 as the sensor is better in low light.The Hoya 37mm Filter I purchased second hand from Ebay around £10.

The image is really sharp and looks great but when you get trees and shrubbery everything turns to mush. Is that a low bitrate issue?

Check out the blocking on the left and unreadable plates at 1:30

The image is really sharp and looks great but when you get trees and shrubbery everything turns to mush. Is that a low bitrate issue?

Check out the blocking on the left and unreadable plates at 1:30
It is probably YouTube, I use my Git1 as a side camera and even when everything is passing at 100kph you can still read passing plates.

Back