GitUp Git1 Pro vs. Xiaomi yi ( Underwater vs. ) Gearbest.com

Thanks for your great work, we like to see the RAW files.
Best comparison video with Xiaoyi.

Nice!
it'd be nice to see comparison against SJ7000 as well.

SJ7000 is a cost down version, and another copy of SJCAM SJ5000.
It has SJ5000 similar design, but use low cost lens and AR0330 sensor, also sold well.
To compete this SJ7000, SJCAM just released a new camera called X1000, the main purpose is to fight with this SJ7000.

It seems most of company like to copy SJCAM, I just found this copy version today.
plus.jpg

Reactions: Mtz
Oops. I can not find it out.

Could you offer the link?
It will be released within 2 weeks, it should be same solution as SJ4000 and come with SJ5000 design.
I don't mind share other company products.;)

It will be released within 2 weeks, it should be same solution as SJ4000 and come with SJ5000 design.
I don't mind share other company products.;)

Thanks. It is a good news.;)

Looking forward to this latest action camera.

We also look forward to your gitup 2 too.:p

Gitup1 is perfect but picture quality is low :(

Gitup1 is perfect but picture quality is low :(
Yes, but compared to others which use small sensor, Git1 should be one of the best.
Though so many SJ clones are in the market, but I can no see any model go further.

If just checked the lens, I think no others company will use a 7G lens on small sensor, because there is big cost difference between the lens.
It is good for video quality, but I can not confirm it is good for business due to so many action cams rush to the market now, maybe final price is more important.

If you want xiaomi (cheap price, decent specs, but no optimize hardware, terrible firmware, bad QA, and virtually no support) buy a Xiaomi, however, if you want a camera with good specs, hardware that is pushing what it is meant to do to give even better quality, fantastic smooth firmware, QA that actually exists and does its job, and fantastic customer support, pay your extra money. @gitup seem to be doing a great job at this unlike certain brands mentioned above.

The expression: 'penny wise, pound foolish' comes to mind. Basically, you save money in the short term, but in the long term you lose more through your time or actual money.

If you want xiaomi (cheap price, decent specs, but no optimize hardware, terrible firmware, bad QA, and virtually no support) buy a Xiaomi, however, if you want a camera with good specs, hardware that is pushing what it is meant to do to give even better quality, fantastic smooth firmware, QA that actually exists and does its job, and fantastic customer support, pay your extra money. @gitup seem to be doing a great job at this unlike certain brands mentioned above.

The expression: 'penny wise, pound foolish' comes to mind. Basically, you save money in the short term, but in the long term you lose more through your time or actual money.
Ironically through that lack of support to the West the Xiaomi Yi probably has the best home-brew out of any other camera I've seen yet on this site - it really has snowballed and is probably second only to the GoPro in terms of what people have done via custom apps or scripting.

@Olgu, thanks for the RAW files, after checked, I thought maybe there is focus problem on XIAOYI.
Also the photo quality is not so great on Xiaoyi, you can have a look about the focus on Xiaoyi.

Git1 video screenshot:

git1  -1.jpg

Xiaoyi video screenshot:

xiaoyi -2.jpg

Everyone has different ideas and each company has different design. Just enjoy it and improve it.;)

Ironically through that lack of support to the West the Xiaomi Yi probably has the best home-brew out of any other camera I've seen yet on this site - it really has snowballed and is probably second only to the GoPro in terms of what people have done via custom apps or scripting.

I agree the homescripting seen for the Xiaomi is fantastic but:
1) That was not done on purpose
2) As it was not done on purpose they are essentially getting something for free.

However, as I've stated at that price it is hard to complain.

Back