Gitup Git2 Battery charging

Kilumnati

Reaction score
Country
Canada
hey im going on a trip soon, just wondering can i use a blackberry usb battery plug to charge the gitup git2 using its USB cable, or do i need to buy external battery charger, as i will not have access to use a pc to charge it via USB.

@gitup

Thanks..

If it's not a micro and just a mini USB. Most power supplies with a the correct connection will keep it charged up.

well the git2 requires micro usb cable to charge it. im just talking about the plug part where you can plug in any usb cable into it. I was just gonna use the USB cable that it came with put plug it in wall to charge the git2 camera using a blackberry plug , or i also have an IPhone power plug also.

well the git2 requires micro usb cable to charge it. im just talking about the plug part where you can plug in any usb cable into it. I was just gonna use the USB cable that it came with put plug it in wall to charge the git2 camera using a blackberry plug , or i also have an IPhone power plug also.
The Git2 is mini USB, not micro. But the other end of its cable with the standard USB should work plugged into almost anything that it fits. Test it out before you go! And make sure you take the cable that you test with since mini USB cables are not so common as the more usual micro USB cables.

For charging a look at the quick start guide (included with the camera) would have given you the answer for how to charge:
you need at least 5V / 1 A. Almost every power supply is labeled with the particular specifications. A USB 2 socket from the PC does not fulfill these requirements.

@omegamoto
I don't know your individual PC, but the official specifaction is 500 mA for USB 2.

@omegamoto
I don't know your individual PC, but the official specifaction is 500 mA for USB 2.
So it might charge at half the speed that it would if plugged into a 1000 mA supply.

Actually it will just be a little slower since it doesn't use the full 1000 mA anyway.

If you want to use it as a dashcam where you may be both charging and recording at the same time then 500mA may not be enough.

If you are traveling I would recommend one of those inexpensive dual battery charger for the SjCam batteries. These work great, are very cheap and accept micro or mini usb cables to charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back