gitup git2 camera no connect via USB

nakam

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello all :)

I have problem;

I received my gitup git2 and the camera does not connect via USB
Info fom my computer is: "a problem occured, Your device may not work correctly"

Is this a problem with the USB camera?

thanks for looking to my post.

Could be a bad cable, bad USB port on your computer, underpowered port on computer, or of course it's possible that the camera is defective. Does the camera charge when connected to a phone charger?

Try another cable, then try another PC.

hi :)

Ok also:
1. I used sanother cable ( from my Sony Camcorder) - no reaction
2. I used cable from gitup git2 (computer via USB to my Sony Camcorder) --- is OK !
3. camera charging via USB
4. orginall firmware is 1.3....old :)

is there a problem with the USB port on the gitup git2, my computer responds but can not connect (two my different computers)

Attachments

• P4120005.JPG
    P4120005.JPG
    475.6 KB · Views: 22

Ok also:
2. I used cable from gitup git2 (computer via USB to my Sony Camcorder) --- is OK !

is there a problem with the USB port on the gitup git2, my computer responds but can not connect (two my different computers)
If you want to read the file from sd card, can you try to set the usb mode for "prompt" or "mass storage"?
If you use it as web camera, not sure if it related with driver.

nakam, check the USB cable, this has happened to me (not with a action cam but other devices), even though USB is a standard sometimes the
connectors do not follow the rules, so even though the connector is electrically correct, the plastic surrounding the connector can be to thick
or to long. Preventing the connector to "connect" properly, so you get shaky performance where sometimes the device connects and sometimes
it does not.

Ok also:

I notice in your photo you appear to be running Windows XP. In theory this should be OK for mass storage since the camera acts like a normal USB thumb drive but it may not work for web cam or pc camera mode as you show in your picture.

But I do remember when we had those Dell Latitude D6** series at my work, the USB ports were not very good and easily damaged. Maybe that's what's wrong. Do other USB devices work in the same port on your laptop?

hi

If I use in camera option USB: "mass storage" , I see H disk ( look to my image) only with folder DCIM
Prompt and WEB Camera ------one signal from my computer and info "found device but does not work correctly"

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 7
auch, WinXP was not good, but worked on handling USB, it was only with Win7 they got it working flawlessly. More or less.

If you are still on WinXP, then it is time to either get a better computer or upgrade to Win7. I too stayed a long time on WinXP
but moved on when I upgraded my computer, and that was around 2007. Even a real cheap budget computer will runt Win7 without a problem and fast too.

It could explain the problem you are having with the camera, can you try it on a computer with Win7, at work or someone you know to confirm that it is working fine with the cables and all that, it might help you to find out what you are doing wrong or if there is a difference in how windows handles the camera when connected to USB.

My mistake soory all :)

also:
I choose option: „mass storage”

And now is ok

With this USB option in camera I update step by step firmware from 1.3 to 1.14 ….

I have question:

What is the option: "PC Camera"? I dont understand this option?

thanks all for help............

Back