gitup git2 low ligth video and picture setting

daoust

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just recieve my gitup git2, and today , I try it a little bit(video and photos).

My probleme is that on picture and videos i got grainy picutres and video that I whant to know how I can fix it by camera setting.

what are your best setting for good pictures quality in dark area?

How the ev and wb can help for pictures and video. The video is mpg4 1080p 60 and picture are 16mp jpeg

Thank you very much

Something new will be released next week, will help to improve the night photo.

My probleme is that on picture and videos i got grainy picutres and video that I whant to know how I can fix it by camera setting.
For video in dark conditions, if you use a frame rate of 60fps then for each frame it has to use an exposure time faster than 1/60 seconds. In poor lighting this is a problem which it solves by increasing the ISO value but that creates the grainy images.

The answer for video is to get more light! TV studios have very bright lights.

Or to use a camera with a more sensitive sensor like the Git1, but then you will not get the 16MP resolution when you do have good light.

With photos where you can have a slower exposure time, or don't mind having motion blur then you can keep the ISO setting low and that will create nice, no grain, images, but with motion blur if there is any movement - so you will then need a tripod. However the Git2 only has auto ISO and that is set to always use a shutter speed suitable for holding the camera in your hands, so you can't have grain free night images ... currently... maybe next week ... gitup says there is something new for Christmas in next weeks firmware...

Reactions: Mtz
So for video , if I don t need the 60p and do it at 30p ,it will improve the low ligth situation?

So for video , if I don t need the 60p and do it at 30p ,it will improve the low ligth situation?
I'm not sure, because if you set it to 60fps and there is not enough light then it will automatically switch to 30fps and just put 2 identical frames.

Maybe setting it to 30fps will keep the ISO a little lower when it is near the limit for 60, it may be better in some situations.

Here is a jpeg that review the article

Attachments

• LucrhoPl.jpg
    LucrhoPl.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 56
From HD resolution videos, only 2160p is recorded as 4:3 because is recorded as 2880x2160 but is in anamorphic format, so the image aspect ratio is still 16:9 because the player will interpolate the 2880 into 3840 and the played resolution will be 4K (3840x2160).

2880x2160 frame 115.jpg 3840x2160 frame 115.jpg

If you want real 4:3 image you need to crop in post-production the 1440p.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks Mtz. 'True' 4:3 is great for sports like snowboarding and paragliding, and any footage where you want to include more vertical data in the frames. I hope Gitup can work on including this in future firmware revisions. FWIW, all GoPro cameras support 4:3 ratio resolutions. I'm hoping to retire my GoPro Hero HD 1 ASAP :)

From HD resolution videos, only 2160p is recorded as 4:3 because is recorded as 2880x2160 but is in anamorphic format, so the image aspect ratio is still 16:9 because the player will interpolate the 2880 into 3840 and the played resolution will be 4K (3840x2160).

View attachment 19533 View attachment 19534

If you want real 4:3 image you need to crop in post-production the 1440p.

enjoy,
Mtz

I just test 4 different modes yet on the 1080 , with the same results are close the same.
1080 60p wide
1080 60p narrow
1080 30p wide
1080 30p narrow

Did someone try those and get different results? My best result was 1080 60p but not shure prety close . Narrow or wide don t look to make any change for the picture quality in low ligth condition other the FOV.
there is still the 2k and 4k mode , but I don t have any use of this format yet.

Try setting the sharpening down to soft. It makes video look a lot better in low light in my opinion.

Back