GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

gitup

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
GIT1, GIT2
Finally the Git2 will be available soon.

Buy Git2 from Banggood.

Before we plan to release the Git2 with OV4689 sensor, at that time, we will be the first to release the latest camera based on NTK96660 chipset with Gyro, but finally we decided to hold releasing this version and go directly with a better sensor like Sony IMX206 16MP sensor, because we don't want to release a Git2 Plus in near future just change the sensor. Also we improved the audio quality, added the quick start recording. According to the test, it is worth for waiting new version.

Firstly I'd like to share some photos taken by Git2, more video and photo will be shared soon.
Below 16MP photo is re-sized to 1200*900.

2015_1020_151504_003.JPG
2015_1020_151659_007.JPG

Original Photo:
Git2-1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/video/git2/photo/git2-1.JPG
XiaoYi-1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/video/git2/photo/xiaoyi-1.jpg

Git2-2:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/video/git2/photo/git2-2.JPG
XiaoYi-2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/video/git2/photo/xiaoyi-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos, I will take some with my Git2 ...

Will Gearbest be selling the GIT2 Pro Packing like listed on your website?

Will Gearbest be selling the GIT2 Pro Packing like listed on your website?
The one gearbest pre-selling is Pro packing version.

Looks like photo mode is much better on Git2 compared to Git1.

Also, DCT forum can host up to 2560 pixel wide so 1200*900 is little too small to see how it performs in photo mode.

Looks like photo mode is much better on Git2 compared to Git1.

Also, DCT forum can host up to 2560 pixel wide so 1200*900 is little too small to see how it performs in photo mode.
There is file size limited on DCT, so I provided the original file on dropbox.

There is file size limited on DCT, so I provided the original file on dropbox.
Oh okay.
That's even better.
Can't access dropbox here so will check them out when I get home.

Downloaded using my phone and transferred to PC.
Git2 images have grains at 100% crop compared to XiaoYi looking at the menu and flowers in 1st image and car license plates in 2nd image.
Maybe not as processed as XiaoYi to remove artifacts?

Git1 is working great as dashcam. Now with the 60 FPS option I think I will need a bigger MicroSD card.
@gitup, did you tested what was the biggest MicroSD Card supported by the camera and what brand?

enjoy,
Mtz

Took a few photos with the Git2 today:

Autumn%20Leaves.jpg

Cow.jpg

Dragonfly.jpg

Flowers.jpg

Autumn%20Colours.jpg

Autumn%20Colours%202.jpg

Autumn%20Colours%203.jpg

Not bad for a video camera :)

Downloaded using my phone and transferred to PC.
Git2 images have grains at 100% crop compared to XiaoYi looking at the menu and flowers in 1st image and car license plates in 2nd image.
Maybe not as processed as XiaoYi to remove artifacts?
Yes, unlike most cameras, the Git2 doesn't do much noise reduction.
If you really want a lot of noise reduction (blurred images) then you have to do it yourself in a photo editor using your preferred algorithm!

These small BSI CMOS sensors do naturally have a fair amount of noise, but unless you intend to actually use the photos at 16MP size then you are best off leaving it there, if you intend to print them at 16MP then you are still best off leaving it there, and if you actually have a 16MP screen for viewing them then there is better noise reduction software available than you will find in any camera.

Yes, unlike most cameras, the Git2 doesn't do much noise reduction.
If you really want a lot of noise reduction (blurred images) then you have to do it yourself in a photo editor using your preferred algorithm!

These small BSI CMOS sensors do naturally have a fair amount of noise, but unless you intend to actually use the photos at 16MP size then you are best off leaving it there, if you intend to print them at 16MP then you are still best off leaving it there, and if you actually have a 16MP screen for viewing them then there is better noise reduction software available than you will find in any camera.

Yes, but computer monitors are not like picture frame.
You know we can scroll right to left, up and down to see way larger picture than monitor's resolution so there is no need to have 5000p wide monitor to view a 5000p picture at full size. :rolleyes:

Your pictures are pretty nice sharp at that size except the stream picture. That one has a lot of noise even a that small size.
Yes, pretty good for action camera.

Downloaded the original photos from dropbox and found that the definition is still good when enlarged.(compared with Xiaoyi)

Attachments

• git2 vs xiaoyi.jpg
    git2 vs xiaoyi.jpg
    668.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Downloaded the original photos from dropbox and found that the definition is still good when enlarged.(compared with Xiaoyi)
The Git2 has the better lens, especially in the corners, but I think a lot of that "definition" is lost by the noise reduction on the Xiaoyi, the sensor will have similar amounts of "grain" which the Xiaoyi has smoothed out and hidden, but that has blurred the writing in the process. With the Git2 you get the choice to add noise reduction on your computer or just leave it, with the Xiaoyi you have no choice. Back in the days of photographic film, some films were chosen for their grain, it is not always a negative feature, and the grain on the Git2 is not unpleasant since its colour is accurate.

Your pictures are pretty nice sharp at that size except the stream picture. That one has a lot of noise even a that small size.
Yes, pretty good for action camera.
The production cameras should be better for noise in the darker areas and longer exposures, I have a prototype camera with some hardware issues.

Also that image has been zoomed by about x 25 and then cropped!

Last edited:
@gitup, did you tested what was the biggest MicroSD Card supported by the camera and what brand?
Mtz
Before I have tested Transcend 128GB card on Git2, it works, but can not preview file on the camera, no problem play file on computer, will take some time do more testing and solve this problem.

Reactions: Mtz
Back